Complaints on the new IPhone 4

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Seems like some are complaining about loss of reception and or numerous dropped calls . Also yellow color in screen .
Just google IPhone 4 complaints and many pop up .

Anyone experiencing any of these ?
Mostly it seems folks who hold phone with left hand are having the worst time of it ?

Omslaw how goes it ?
Anybody else really started to use theirs yet and noticed any probs ?
Apple is telling people to 'not hold it like that' or 'buy a special case that will fix the problem' ! Huh ?

Have yet to receive ours but am considering cancelling order until Apple gets it figured out .

Precisely why I wait a few months + before jumping on the bandwagon. There's always issues with first releases.

Heh, you don't want to know my take. LOL We had one of the phones not come in...so I was nice and let the guy have mine... That was before I knew that the order was screwed up and it may be another week before the "missing" phone gets here :banghead:

Oh well...I've been playing with 'em. I haven't noticed the yellow in the screen yet. However, yep - the dropped calls is an issue. The metal bands around the iPhone 4 are the antennae...depending on how the phone is held, users seem to be "bridging" the antennae...when the are actually separate. This is causing reception issues, dropped calls, etc. Apple recommends using a case with the iPhone 4...

Heh, you don't want to know my take. LOL We had one of the phones not come in...so I was nice and let the guy have mine... That was before I knew that the order was screwed up and it may be another week before the "missing" phone gets here :banghead:

Oh well...I've been playing with 'em. I haven't noticed the yellow in the screen yet. However, yep - the dropped calls is an issue. The metal bands around the iPhone 4 are the antennae...depending on how the phone is held, users seem to be "bridging" the antennae...when the are actually separate. This is causing reception issues, dropped calls, etc. Apple recommends using a case with the iPhone 4...

The yellow they are saying is just the glue used on screen that has not had time to dry and evaporate but the dropped calls is a real issue :banghead:
All over YouTube ! All over google .
EnGadget and many other sites are talking about it .
All to a one say it's very strange how Apple has a specific case already made for it to 'fix' problem as if they knew about it and could not come up with anything to fix it ? I'm left handed and hold it in my left hand. I have never used a case in any of mine as it makes it larger and defeats the purpose of slimline phone. I don't think it will be long before Apple fixes it properly.
Also some say it is just a software issue and a fix is for sure in the mix but how can a software update fix a physical problem ?

I'm canceling my order and gonna wait .

I can see why they recommend a case - by using one, it is acting as an "insulator" from the metal antenna bands...with a case, it would be a lot harder for one to "short" or "bridge" the antennae...

I know not everyone likes and/or wants a case. (case-in-point...you oh, and pun intended :p ) I have an Otterbox Defender case on my iPhone. I love it. Part of me is not upset about giving up my iPhone 4...because Otterbox isn't shipping the iPhone 4 case yet. LOL

Oh and yeah, the reception issue is a big deal...All the execs here at work that have the iPhone 4 are complaining about dropped calls...

Omslaw not that I don't really want a case it is just that it pisses me off for them to tell people that in order to prevent the problem you have to use one.
That is BS !
I carry my phone in pocket . I had a case on 3GS for all of about two days until it got full of crap , lint and all other kinds of stuff .
That's why I don't like cases for any phone .
They just collect crud !

My iPhone 3GS drops calls all the time. It sucks.

My buddy has the iPhone 4. We can grab the bands with 2 fingers and watch the signal strength drop to zero. He also has the yellowing on the bottom right of the screen.

That said, the screen resolution is awesome and the upgraded camera is great.

My iPhone 3GS drops calls all the time. It sucks.

My buddy has the iPhone 4. We can grab the bands with 2 fingers and watch the signal strength drop to zero. He also has the yellowing on the bottom right of the screen.

That said, the screen resolution is awesome and the upgraded camera is great.

I think dropped calls from previous models may be location related as I have had about 5-6. From orig to 3g to 3gs and never had any drop a single call , not once that I can remember.

I just think it will be a short matter of time before a 'fix' is built into newer models of Ihpone 4 as they certainly cant just keep saying put a case on it ?

Pandanin the reviews say the bars do go down but folks still can make calls. Does it drop the call when bars go down or not. What happens if you hold it in your left hand ? Bars I could really care less about as long as it still works. I'm in Flattsville Florida so I dont know if bars matters. I just dont want to get a new phone and have it constantly drop calls. I sometimes am in conference with COs in Iraq or Afg and last thing I want is to have it drop the call.

In this picture here you can see the issue.

500x_iphone4_01.jpg

See the gap on the surrounding band? If you touch both sides of the gap at once the bars go to nill. We did a few tests and we didn't have any dropped calls, but we were stationary while doing it. He's since added a case and the problem is resolved.

RE: The yellowing. It is very slight but it is there.

In this picture here you can see the issue.

500x_iphone4_01.jpg

See the gap on the surrounding band? If you touch both sides of the gap at once the bars go to nill. We did a few tests and we didn't have any dropped calls, but we were stationary while doing it. He's since added a case and the problem is resolved.

RE: The yellowing. It is very slight but it is there.

As I hold phone in my left hand I think that gap will be touched from the base of my left thumb ? It would almost sit in my palm and be touched.
Ah Frick now I'm torn between wanting it and wanting to cancel the order.
Even worse is I ordered the wife one as well as she has been on warpath since I turned her other Iphone off ?

Put some electrical tape over it.

If you're going to wait for Apple to fix reception problems with the iPhone, you'll be waiting a while. I've been waiting almost two years now. I don't think Cupertino has enough engineers who understand the primary purpose of a cell phone is to make and receive phone calls.

Buy a cheap cover for it and it works fine.

I think the reception problems are more with AT&T and less with the phone. I drop calls consistently at the exact same location. I called their level 2 support and they checked a topo map and said, "Oh yeah, that's a hill and we don't cover it". Doh. You don't cover the 100ft hill? That's sad.

My only complaint. Seems like it takes a little longer to connect to a call and the flash is useless on the phone.

"don't hold it like that" ....really!? Are you serious, that is their response? :rofl:

Sorry , but that is awful. I hope they get the issue solved quickly for those of you that currently have one.

"don't hold it like that" ....really!? Are you serious, that is their response? :rofl:

Sorry , but that is awful. I hope they get the issue solved quickly for those of you that currently have one.

Yes it is sad. Google problems with iPhone 4 and you will see even a response from Steve Jobs where he says same 'well just don't hold it like that'
That is ridiculous but when your richer than anyone why would you care ?

Yes it is sad. Google problems with iPhone 4 and you will see even a response from Steve Jobs where he says same 'well just don't hold it like that'
That is ridiculous but when your richer than anyone why would you care ?

I think its crazy that you would tell your customers that! I went on vacation for the launch of iphone 4, I'm interested in getting back to work and speaking with my customers about there phones.

Last edited:
Back