iowa/illinois/ surrounding area ride

Is Greg(WWJD) still in? He is around 4hrs out of Dubuque. The QC is around 1.5 hrs out of Dubuque. W'loo is around 1.5hrs out of Dubuque. I am 20min out of Dubuque:D . This all depends on speed? I am willing to drive outta my way way to meet up with some.

I'd like to go, but I'm going to the Suzuki Double Header at Road America. I think alot of guys and gals from around here are going to the AMA's. It'd be cool if you were doing this on a different weekend.
blush.gif

We got a few months to get another one going too. Plenty of time to ride before winter sets in again
biggrin.gif

busa05 see if you can meet up with hooken203(kevin) he lives here in town a few blocks from me and is going to the RA race up there both days. He and another fella is going.

Bill, Greg is still in. I figured manchester is probably half way between here and dubuque and we could head north from there like we did last yr.

gsxtacy, the reason for you guys coming this way is that we end up waaaay over by the river near the end of the day and you guy can just shoot down to home near the end of the day where some of us have a 4hr+ ride back to home.
smile.gif

well not sure if its going to rain or not but I figured we should try and schedule another date IF it raining on sunday.

I have had the request for the following weekend the 12th. If anyone has objections or preferences let me know.

The date sounds good to me, and the weather really looks like its going to mess things up.

hey im going to prostar at gateway...just watch.  Besides the thought of an hr and a half ride to ride and another 1 1/2 back just isnt appealing to me.  Besides military gets in free at prostar!

wwjd is riding 2 hrs to get to my place and then another hour to meet up with the east guys and then continue on a days ride just to do the same when he goes home.

the comrodery (sp) is half the fun of going. Getting to meet new people, especially fellow busa riders at that.

yes I am in IF no, or VERY VERY LITTLE RAIN. not a fan of long wet trips for fun.... aint no fun. 12th is a pocketbike track day but I can skip that if this ride gets post poned. weekend of the 26th is out for me - 19th is open

I see about a 30%chance rain in my area for Sunday. Not sure if I will make it on the 12th if cancelled. I am driving to Knasas City and back on the 11th. 12 hrs in the car then all the next day on the bike could be a sore a$$ weekend.

My ex lives in Edmond, OK and KC is kinda the halfway point where I meet her to let her have visits with the kids. I have full custody but they are headed there for the summer.

ok well 30% isn't terrible.... Thats what I'm seeing here....

in prairie du chien, wi its also 30%
cool.gif

I think when we went last year they were calling for rain. I know I got wet a couple times between dubuque and w'loo. Then it cleared up and was a great day to ride.

Well my forecast is saying "widely scattered thunderstorms with many hours of dry weather between them" Are we waiting till Sat. to make the call?

well if its pouring rain up here there is no sense in going. you guys have my cell and can feel free to call me at any hour and see if its still going on. As bill said the same thing happened last yr. It was calling for a slight chance of rain, bill said he got sprinkled on but it never rained here and cleared up and was bright blue skys all
day.

I would day plan on coming for sure on sunday and if the weather is real sketchy in your area, give me a call and I will let you know what its like here and if were still planning on coming.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117884809 -->

I am still in. Weathermen suck. We waited til the morning of the ride last year to call it off or not. I say let's see what is going on tomorrow evening yet?

Back