iowa/illinois/ surrounding area ride

fstbusa

orange peel is caused by excessive speed
Donating Member
Registered
Trying to plan a ride for June 5th up to eastern ia, maybe across the mississippi on the ferry and ride wisconsin for a bit.

trying to plan out a few roads/route we want to do along with stops in certain towns for breaks/fuel/food.

sign in here if you are going to plan to attend. We are going to try to meet somewhere halfway between waterloo and the mississippi. Trying to meet so the quad city guys don't have to ride far west only to travel back east.

a couple guys only have this date available until the end of june so hopefully everyone can work this into their schedule with the time alloted.

any route suggestions/meeting places are welcomed.

Man, I want to ride so bad. However, I'll be coming back from a weekend in Vegas and won't be back in time. Maybe next time.
sad.gif

I'll check my calendar but HOPING I'm in

.... just checked... PENNED it in. I'm down wit it

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115792056 -->

Have our first child due June 13th, so don't want to get more than an hour away.

Later this summer though, I am game.
biggrin.gif

You know I'm in. Ill get with a few locals that dont get on the board. I also met a few at a local ABATE ride that said they were interested. (If your here, lets here ya). I think we can have a pretty good turn out with that much notice. Tony in Hanover Ill, knows some pretty good routes up around Galena and sceanic route road in Savanah is a must, 8 miles of new blacktop twisties with some elevation changes.

Also, depending on how adventurous anyone is, or have the time, the suzuki GSXR 20th aniv. ride is in Elkhart Lake Wis. that weekend. All GSXR and Busa owners are invited for a free shirt, food, and parade lap around the track. Sounds like fun.

Also, depending on how adventurous anyone is, or have the time, the suzuki GSXR 20th aniv. ride is in Elkhart Lake Wis. that weekend. All GSXR and Busa owners are invited for a free shirt, food, and parade lap around the track. Sounds like fun.
that would sure be for a long day if ya ask me.

So close, but yet it's so far away
sad.gif

Who knows...I might just meet up with you guys near the end of your trip. Let me know where you're planning on ending up.
biggrin.gif

something a little closer to home you may want to hit highway dd 32 and p. Where are we starting at i need an address so i can mapquest it and take some leave

Where is quad cities IL?
Hey Him,

The quad cities are Rock Island and Moline in Illinois, and Davenport and Bettendorf in Iowa. They are clustered around the Mississippi river in Eastern Iowa / Western Illinios.

I hope you are taking notes, because there will be a quiz later
biggrin.gif

man before i got here i thought the only city in IL was chicago so ill probably fail teh test

Belleville? I'm in Bellevue.....Iowa that is. I hopefully will be in too. That should be my weekend off so I should be good to go!

man before i got here i thought the only city in IL was chicago so ill probably fail teh test
Heh!   Before I saw your location, the only Belleville I knew about is in Nebraska....    
wow.gif
Nebraska is that here in america

where is the meeting place?
Yeah, Nebraska is in the US, but we don't like to admit it....

I'm not gonna start up with the Nebraska guys, just kiddin'...

Back