iowa/illinois/ surrounding area ride

well seeing as how were not going that far south..... we could have everyone meet in waterloo like last yr
wink.gif

that was a little far you you wasn't it bill
smile.gif

you gonna hook up with us him?

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117202768 -->

W'loo is only 1 1/2 hrs for me...tops...depending on speed
tounge.gif
Hope we have a good turn out!

Hey Bill, Maquoketa or Dewitt sounds good to me. So far Ive got 3 other guys that say there coming (one 04 and one 05 LE included), but I cant guarantee anything but me. We should really start discussing some sort of times and routes.

I'm hoping for no rain next weekend. Maquoketa will work for me. Then if you want, we can head up 61 toward the Dubuque airport and cut across the Monestary road and end up on hwy 20 out in Peosta and go from there.

holy crap... right now its 60% chance of light rain
sad.gif

I really don't want to ride in the rain all day. do you guys want to cancel if its raining?

yeah I'm trying to find some routes. Last yr greg (wwjd) had a tank bag with an iowa map and we just followed the roads with the scenic markers on them.

Hell, my forecast says 87 and sunny!! I dont really care to ride in the rain either, we should have a better idea when it gets closer!

The list of guys that say there going down here is growing. It will be great if they all make the trip. I have had a few say they are going to the races in Elkhart Lake though, we should have picked a different date!! LOL

The list of guys that say there going down here is growing. It will be great if they all make the trip. I have had a few say they are going to the races in Elkhart Lake though, we should have picked a different date!! LOL
we'll be missing 2 guys from waterloo here because of that reason. I forgot about it when I first made the date and by the time I realized it people had already taken work off or put in extra overtime to get that day off so we were committed at that point. this is just the beginning of the summer fella... plan on having atleast 1 if not a couple more rides like this.

Hey where can i meet up with folks in sothern il to make the ride? Is anyone else from st.louis going
rock.gif

east coast guys

plan on meeting in manchester at 10:30 am There is 2 exits for the town. Take the west most one. Meet at the nearest gas station to hwy 20. I think its on the north side of the road but I haven't been there and don't know for sure. If you have any questions or get lost call me on my cell 319-610-0857. I won't be answering unless i'm parked so leave me a message if you need something
wink.gif
smile.gif

-Travis

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117699202 -->

east coast guys

plan on meeting in manchester at 10:30 am  There is 2 exits for the town.  Take the west most one.  Meet at the nearest gas station to hwy 20.  I think its on the north side of the road but I haven't been there and don't know for sure.  If you have any questions or get lost call me on my cell 319-610-0857. I won't be answering unless i'm parked so leave me a message if you need something
wink.gif
smile.gif

-Travis
this wasnt addressed to me was it? Cause i have now clue where the hell manchester is or what your talking about

yeah I said that where the west and east coast people are meeting. if you want to join the east group before they head to manchester you have to organize that on your own.

Anyone have a time frame when we want to all meet along hwy 20? We better figure that out first so we can all estimate our departure and hookup times before then.

I think the QC Guys would be better off just meeting you in Dubuque. Thats a long way to go west just to turn around and come back again, were already going about 2 hours north.
Or hell, if you want to ride some great roads in Savana and go north on the Illinois side, we could me you in Maquoqeta or Clinton. Any thoughts Bill?

<!--EDIT|GSXTacy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117709080 -->

I'm flexible. There are great roads on the Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin sides of the Mississippi. Pretty much anywhere along the river. We definitely need to figure out a central meeting place that makes sense for everyone. I know Hwy 52 on the Iowa side is a big attraction for tourists since it is right on the river. I am not real familiar with the Illinois and Wisconsin sides though.

Back