iowa/illinois/ surrounding area ride

man before i got here i thought the only city in IL was chicago so ill probably fail teh test
Heh! Before I saw your location, the only Belleville I knew about is in Nebraska....
wow.gif
Nebraska is that here in america

where is the meeting place?
I don't know yet man... the ride is on a sunday, well thats the plan. if you need to take that day off... and can wait I would wait until closer to the date to make sure its not going to rain.

There hasn't been a set meeting place and or course were going to follow as of yet. Any input on roads to take are welcome.

the meeting place for the east/west guys will somewhere around cedar rapids iowa I bet.

Anyone else? I might have to check into some new tires by then if I get much more riding in before the ride happens.

I'd like to meet up with you but I'll be coming home from W.V. (meeting up with some ZZR riders). Then it's straight to Road America for the races. Hope you have fun.

Not all of us are brave as you Greg! I was thinking of you last year when I typed that!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Some gain braveness thru boldnesss.... others inherit it thru stupidity. I'll let history decide!
biggrin.gif

yeah... ride on the 5th.... bump

we still need to plan out some roads... greg I checked out the online maps and they just suck because you are always limited to an area on your screen. with a paper map you get the big picture of the roads and where you are headed. I mighty just have to go buy a stupid paper map.
mad.gif

hmm lets see.. the nearest rest area has to be atleast 75 mi from here... thats not an option
laugh.gif

Would love to join in since I am originally from Roscoe Il. Unfortunetly I am stationed in El Paso TX. Wish you would have had a ride in Nov.... I had the bike on the trailer the first good ice storm, Sat in traffic for hour trying to get through Bloomington from Alabama Thanksgiving Weekend...

Looking back I guess it was not a good weekend to ride....
tounge.gif

I did have the R1 out on a clear day, lots of power (it was like 29 degrees outside)

Is this what were rideing, or are we doing our own thing? Ok with me either way!

This is our own thing. I think Greg made a temp website to try to get more interest from other riders. I am going to try to get my new tires mounted this weekend so I can get a few break in miles on them before the ride.

were going to meet chris in manchester, and go from there.... no real plan just to get together and meet everyone and have fun riding.... you quad city/ east coast guys can split off later in the day when us central/west coast people head back.
smile.gif

I have to figure out where to meet Chris and other Quad City guys at. Maybe somewhere around Maquoketa?

Got an even better idea...no hear me out. We should meet in belleville...huh huh sound like a plan???

we must take a vote then bellville or belleville
rock.gif

Back