I PUT ON FOR MY CITY- races against gsxr1000! VIDEO

When you say no one but the riders would get hurt. I have to disagree.

If a rider goes down and another car, semi truck etc, has to stop or make an evasive maneuver, they may have to leave the roadway, roll and crash.
If traffic has to come to a stand still, more than likely someone will rear end the stopped traffic.
What you do effects others, this is why we call it a public roadway.

back to the topic, the gixxer was with you all the way to the end of race, i don't think you pulled on him at all. both bikes are very close.
it is done and over but you for your own safety find a place wth no traffic next time. just think of it this way: when you are passing the trafic on right side at 130-150 miles per hour, you will have not even a second to react if the traffic decides to change lane. if you think of those consequnces and what would happen if, you will not do that kind of stunt in public highways.

If a rider goes down and another car, semi truck etc, has to stop or make an evasive maneuver, they may have to leave the roadway, roll and crash.
If traffic has to come to a stand still, more than likely someone will rear end the stopped traffic.

if someone rear ends another, they, legally are"following too closely" there are laws on how close you should follow another, which gives you ample time to slow down. the cagers would have been breaking the law.

i agree on the evasive maneuver, valid point.

back to the topic, the gixxer was with you all the way to the end of race, i don't think you pulled on him at all. both bikes are very close.
it is done and over but you for your own safety find a place wth no traffic next time. just think of it this way: when you are passing the trafic on right side at 130-150 miles per hour, you will have not even a second to react if the traffic decides to change lane. if you think of those consequnces and what would happen if, you will not do that kind of stunt in public highways.

at the end of both races, i am well over a full bike length ahead of him, may have not been much, but i DID pull him.

well looking at where you are from (GA) and the issues of late that they are combating with sport bikes gone wild... Just seems like you guys could pick better places and times to do this stuff is all... I mean we buy these bikes because they are fast... but picking the time and place to use it requires some thought is all...
Well it appears this thread has gone full circle.. and a couple post from members surprise me.. others I applaud... :)

I will not even comment on street racing.. This was around before most of you were ever born and you have no idea the amount of carnage, death and sadness it has brought so many over the years.. (sorry that any members here would even condone such an activity)

The post by Busa159 is not the rant of a "better than you rider" it comes from years of having to ring the doorbell of the parent or family member that belongs to the dead person... He has a unique perspective that I hope to god you never have to experience.. (Thank you sir for your service)

RACING: It belongs on a track.. period... I have raced professionally for many years as a driver, crew chief, owner... I have been near 300 on asphalt and 200 on the water..

did we street race? I can honestly say I have never run a race in a place that stood a chance of someone getting hurt that was not involved.. I have never run a side by side street race with a car or bike (other than the track).. I know where to go to do this legally and safely.. you know you can read the side of an ambulance at 250mph? sure is a reassuring vehicle...

Do I speed? hell yea I do but again, the places I choose leave very little to guess.. and certainly no one else to get hurt but myself.. (and the people here that have I have had the privilege to ride with will vouch for this I am pretty sure)

IF you want to go fast on a public road, there are times and places that are both relatively safe and out of the way (the posted video was neither)

My posts often "hedge" around subjects and I try to promote the thought process... I have been taught a thing or 2 over the last couple years about trying to be more tactful and am only slighty successful.... however... I must regress at times to my old ways.. SO

Are you stupid? did you not get the issues at hand about street racing, high speed runs, stunting in populated, traffic laden areas of the city that endanger others?

The entire sport bike riders issue lies squarely on our own shoulders.. As so well put by the officers of the 4 state meeting we attended... it is up to the riders peers to address the stupidity being exhibited by so few that are affecting so many..

This site is the world of these positive peers.. the intelligent, smart and long lived bike riders.. yes they speed, yes they may pop a wheelie but they seem to do so where it will only affect one person.. themselves.. Yea maybe we are a bunch of old conservative fuddy duddies but we are alive and well fuddy duddies...

Go to a few MnG's tell me what you see... Adults with leathers, helmets, gloves and real lives outside of the bike scene without a dam thing to prove to anyone..

If you want to fit in? I suggest you try and see what it is about us that make us this way.. I can promise we will not digress into young stupid kids getting killed doing stupid stuff on the street.. on that same note, if you promote, post or otherwise endorse the behavior? expect to get called out.. I sure as heck wont ride with you, I hate stopping to clean up the blood and guts... enough of that happens to guys that are riding correctly..

This is not my web site but it is my community and I enjoy my freedoms as a sport bike rider, I will not allow you to screw it up if I can stop it at any level...

you want to be a squid? I invite you to find a new site... I am going home now....:poke:

I personally enjoyed the video. I'm not saying it was right...but I'm not going to scorn you for doing it because I'd be lying if I said I've never done it...
I also agree, there is a time and place to speed and be stupid and I too can honestly say that I've never gone by a car at 120+. Until I got to ride with firedog today, I have never even riden with another sportbike because none of my friends have them so if I get up to speed, its on a long straight road that I know well with noone else around. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I hurt someone else because of my stupidity.
I'm not commenting here to step on any toes or take any sides, I just wanted to put in my 2 cents. Bottom line, just take this whole experience as a lesson. Whats done is done, just think it through next time. I wish everyone the best and hope you all get to where you're going safely every time you ride.
Have fun out there and be safe guys

Last edited:
Well it appears this thread has gone full circle.. and a couple post from members surprise me.. others I applaud... :)

I will not even comment on street racing.. This was around before most of you were ever born and you have no idea the amount of carnage, death and sadness it has brought so many over the years.. (sorry that any members here would even condone such an activity)

The post by Busa159 is not the rant of a "better than you rider" it comes from years of having to ring the doorbell of the parent or family member that belongs to the dead person... He has a unique perspective that I hope to god you never have to experience.. (Thank you sir for your service)

RACING: It belongs on a track.. period... I have raced professionally for many years as a driver, crew chief, owner... I have been near 300 on asphalt and 200 on the water..

did we street race? I can honestly say I have never run a race in a place that stood a chance of someone getting hurt that was not involved.. I have never run a side by side street race with a car or bike (other than the track).. I know where to go to do this legally and safely.. you know you can read the side of an ambulance at 250mph? sure is a reassuring vehicle...

Do I speed? hell yea I do but again, the places I choose leave very little to guess.. and certainly no one else to get hurt but myself.. (and the people here that have I have had the privilege to ride with will vouch for this I am pretty sure)

IF you want to go fast on a public road, there are times and places that are both relatively safe and out of the way (the posted video was neither)

My posts often "hedge" around subjects and I try to promote the thought process... I have been taught a thing or 2 over the last couple years about trying to be more tactful and am only slighty successful.... however... I must regress at times to my old ways.. SO

Are you stupid? did you not get the issues at hand about street racing, high speed runs, stunting in populated, traffic laden areas of the city that endanger others?

The entire sport bike riders issue lies squarely on our own shoulders.. As so well put by the officers of the 4 state meeting we attended... it is up to the riders peers to address the stupidity being exhibited by so few that are affecting so many..

This site is the world of these positive peers.. the intelligent, smart and long lived bike riders.. yes they speed, yes they may pop a wheelie but they seem to do so where it will only affect one person.. themselves.. Yea maybe we are a bunch of old conservative fuddy duddies but we are alive and well fuddy duddies...

Go to a few MnG's tell me what you see... Adults with leathers, helmets, gloves and real lives outside of the bike scene without a dam thing to prove to anyone..

If you want to fit in? I suggest you try and see what it is about us that make us this way.. I can promise we will not digress into young stupid kids getting killed doing stupid stuff on the street.. on that same note, if you promote, post or otherwise endorse the behavior? expect to get called out.. I sure as heck wont ride with you, I hate stopping to clean up the blood and guts... enough of that happens to guys that are riding correctly..

This is not my web site but it is my community and I enjoy my freedoms as a sport bike rider, I will not allow you to screw it up if I can stop it at any level...

you want to be a squid? I invite you to find a new site... I am going home now....:poke:

what do you want from me? i can tell you taht i take this all to heart and understand hte error of my ways and im going to start using my head when i ride to keep myself safe and out of jail, as well as keeping others safe., but are you going to believe me?NO YOU ARE NOT, that is where the BEATING A DEAD HORSE comment comes in. but for those who would like to know. as young as i am, i have been known to look past my stupidity and take well needed advice from my elders (yes im calling you old) and in many cases i have benefitted from it. i listen to everyone when they talk, and take it all in.

dont think that because i am arguing some points and debating, that i am arguing that what happens in the video is right, i am not at all.

WOW! This is a heated discussion. Since they're all just opinions, here's mine. Give the dude a break! We get on the .org and brag about how fast our scoots are, then jump dudes case for making a video. Please. If he wants to take that risk, then his his life. Who among us has any right to judge him? I'm not qualified. Personally, I don't ride that fast, but if he does, it's his business. How many of us have access to a track anyway? Wish I did. but I don't. Are we so arrogant as to think that our behavior has anything to do with the laws that are made? Laws are about revenue not safety. The more sport bikes that show up, the more likely there will be laws concerning them. Do the math. We are not that special. It would seem to me that instead of shouting,"shame on you" we should be asking, "hey, wanna come ride with us"? The truth is that we lead by example, not by preaching and condemnation. You know what they say about the truth. "it will set you free". But first it's gonna piss you off. JMO

You are not entirely correct.
Criminally you would probably get off in the rear end crash cause the biker started the chain of events.
The biker will assume most of the financial and criminal charges for starting the chain of events. Not saying he or she would have charges filed on them for what happens a few minutes after the crash, but it is up to a district attorney to decide.
No on the financial end, that is another story. All insurace companies will go after the person that started the crash event.
When there money and assets are depleted they go onto some one else.
The attorneys like trucking companies and people with large assets.
So a person could be totally broke.
If some one dies as a result of a crash and the family wants this person to pay with their freedom, they will have to defend that action in court.
Sounds pretty bleak, but totally possible and it has happened many times.
Murphy s law gone terribly bad. Just trying get the idea across that we all can and will be held accountable for our actions.
Don't take this wrong, but that video could be used against you if you were involved in a crash in the future and it would not look good on a big screen in court if you were sitting in the defendant's chair.
Far fetched but ya never know, CYA

IF YOU FOLLOW ALL TRAFFIC LAWS AS YOU SPEAK YOU DO. AND HOLD YOURSELF SO HIGHLY, WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT LAWS BECOMING STRICTER? wont that help? if laws are stricter, maybe it will get more people like me off the streets quicker, so that the more mature riders as yourself can have to road safely.

your contradicting yourself and you dont even know it! but like you said, my screename screams that i cant have any sense.. where as yours says 'im always right"

?
he might just be one of the most "Law" abiding members we have? anyone care to debate that? :whistle:

can I post a pic here? :laugh:

WOW! This is a heated discussion. Since they're all just opinions, here's mine. Give the dude a break! We get on the .org and brag about how fast our scoots are, then jump dudes case for making a video. Please. If he wants to take that risk, then his his life. Who among us has any right to judge him? I'm not qualified. Personally, I don't ride that fast, but if he does, it's his business. How many of us have access to a track anyway? Wish I did. but I don't. Are we so arrogant as to think that our behavior has anything to do with the laws that are made? Laws are about revenue not safety. The more sport bikes that show up, the more likely there will be laws concerning them. Do the math. We are not that special. It would seem to me that instead of shouting,"shame on you" we should be asking, "hey, wanna come ride with us"? The truth is that we lead by example, not by preaching and condemnation. You know what they say about the truth. "it will set you free". But first it's gonna piss you off. JMO

like i said, i know its wrong, but i guess im jsut one of the only ones to admit to it, and take the heat, to make a few points of my own. they judge to try to make a point across and hopefully help someone see the error of there ways. there not scorning me jsut to make me look bad, although that is a good percentage of their cause.

You are not entirely correct.
Criminally you would probably get off in the rear end crash cause the biker started the chain of events.
The biker will assume most of the financial and criminal charges for starting the chain of events. Not saying he or she would have charges filed on them for what happens a few minutes after the crash, but it is up to a district attorney to decide.
No on the financial end, that is another story. All insurace companies will go after the person that started the crash event.
When there money and assets are depleted they go onto some one else.
The attorneys like trucking companies and people with large assets.
So a person could be totally broke.
If some one dies as a result of a crash and the family wants this person to pay with their freedom, they will have to defend that action in court.
Sounds pretty bleak, but totally possible and it has happened many times.
Murphy s law gone terribly bad. Just trying get the idea across that we all can and will be held accountable for our actions.
Don't take this wrong, but that video could be used against you if you were involved in a crash in the future and it would not look good on a big screen in court if you were sitting in the defendant's chair.
Far fetched but ya never know, CYA
first you argue about what is happening in the video, now you are arguing about WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED, but htose things did not so STOP SCOLDING ME FOR THINGS I DIDNT DO (wreck, start chaing of events ect) that is where you are jsut trying to look smart and make me look bad, shows your "law enforcement " mentality (yeah i went there)

that video cant be held against me....look how easy it is "that is not me" there is no way in the legal system that that video can be matched to me jsut because on hte internet, it says its me.. whos to say that im me right now? and not someone else? yeah.

Doesn't matter what points you are trying to make. There are no justifications for exhibition of speed on public roadways, wether being done in a highly populated area or in the sticks with no one around... It's not like doing it on some deserted road is any safer... Just not innocent general public around. The consequences could infact be greater, take longer for rescue to get there.

As an adult you alone are responsible for the risk you take, severity of risk depends on the consequences of your actions... :whistle:

All the BS aside, what I have found from experience at the drag strip, is the 99-07 Busa's are at a disadvantage to the 04 and newer Kawi 1000s and 05-up GSX-R's. However the 14s and the 08 Busa's have the advantage these days. This also depends on rider weight. If you are 150lbs or lighter the 1000s are even if not at a slight advantage. If you weigh over 150 the Busa or 14 is what you need.

My 02 flame on

its all what "if" just the worst that could happen.

Kinda the thought process you go through before you make a decision to open the throttle.

Doesn't matter what points you are trying to make. There are no justifications for exhibition of speed on public roadways, wether being done in a highly populated area or in the sticks with no one around... It's not like doing it on some deserted road is any safer... Just not innocent general public around. The consequences could infact be greater, take longer for rescue to get there.

As an adult you alone are responsible for the risk you take, severity of risk depends on the consequences of your actions... :whistle:

ummm wow, yeah your an idiot, all the things you just stated against me, i have already stated against myself....your horrible at this internet thing, id get off if i were you.

I have to say when I watched the videos my first thought was; "I am so glad that I was not driving on that highway with my young child in the backseat." A chain of events that no one wants to see could have been easily started by one of the bikes. Think about not only yourself but the people and their families driving those public roads. Imagine how you would feel knowing that you killed a family, or mother and her child?

The best quote I hear around here is "If your gonna play, you gotta pay." Are you prepared to stand in court and look at the surviving family? Something to think about.

Bogus - You deserve an applause. :clap: :clap: :clap: Your last post was RIGHT ON!!

WOW! This is a heated discussion. Since they're all just opinions, here's mine. Give the dude a break! We get on the .org and brag about how fast our scoots are, then jump dudes case for making a video. Please. If he wants to take that risk, then his his life. Who among us has any right to judge him?
every one of us has the responsibility to correct the actions of these riders..

I'm not qualified.
beg to differ, you recognized dangerous behavior

How many of us have access to a track anyway?
gimme your zip code, I would bet you have a legal race track within 1 hour or so.. (and this is not solely about doing it on the track)

Are we so arrogant as to think that our behavior has anything to do with the laws that are made? Laws are about revenue not safety.
This is probably the most errant of your statements.. the laws have everything to do with us.. If you feel these laws are all about revenue, you live in a world discolored by ignorance..

I just got the privilege of attending a 4 state meeting of the heads of the motor divisions (that would be bikes in case you did not know) and they could care less about the revenue part, they already know bikes can "run" and will "run" they want to stop knocking on parents doors, they want to quit calling spouses at their work place, they are tired of meeting relatives at hospitals bearing that all terrible message of death.. They know the only solution is going to come from inside the bike community.. they would much rather sit on their bikes or in their cars rather than chasing 150Mph bikes

The laws being put on the books are a DIRECT result of our activities.. good or bad.. Look to FL.. a small handful of fools have brought the wrath of legislation down on a very large community... I am mad at them, not the laws...

Back