Selling my Busa

I disagree. There's still a market for an extra clean, well accessorized example of the breed. It will sell,

The problem is you gotta find someone who has the $$$ in hand. The bike is a couple years old with a couple thousand miles. If someone goes to a bank or credit union the finance rate will be significantly higher than that of a brand new bike. So that’s why you see a lot of people just buying bone stock new vs accessorized used. Banks don’t care what’s been done to it all that matters is year and mileage....

well well… slap me around and call me Susan... mr. brown disagrees...….. but as much as this pains me to admit..... 1Bubba may be correct... I wanted 5500 for my 2002(one owner bike with trac dynamics arm/full titanium TIFORCE pipe/lowered front and rear/pc5/tuned) busa…. I took 3400... didn't wanna wait anymore.... I had it listed here/on ebay/ and cycletrader…. sold on cycletrader
and ALSO.... craigslist is FULL of DREAMERS.... guys that ask a million questions and then schedule a viewing and NEVER show up or even call,

It'll sell. Patience is the key. I buy and sell vehicles quite regularly, know your market (this bike was listed in February, arguably the worst time of year for bikes) and price it according to how fast you want it to sell. If you're in a hurry to move it, drop the price. If it's not urgent (mine never are) kick back and wait.
Regarding Craigslist, that may be how it's been for you, but I've bought and sold at least the last 10 vehicles I've dealt with from it. I've traveled from Dallas to Flint and many places in between to buy or sell a vehicle, be smart, gather information, and keep your wits about you.

The problem is you gotta find someone who has the $$$ in hand. The bike is a couple years old with a couple thousand miles. If someone goes to a bank or credit union the finance rate will be significantly higher than that of a brand new bike. So that’s why you see a lot of people just buying bone stock new vs accessorized used. Banks don’t care what’s been done to it all that matters is year and mileage....
I agree to a certain extent, credit union rates are typically pretty competitive, (mine will loan at anywhere from 1-5%) but I know what you mean. I think the right person will show up if he's patient, or it'll move faster if he's willing to drop the price. You nice weather folks forget riding season is just getting started for most of us....

The problem is
you gotta find
someone who
has the $$$

in hand .

The bike is a couple years old
with a couple thousand miles .

If someone goes to a bank or credit union
the finance rate will be significantly higher
than that of a brand spanking new bike .

So that is why you see a lot of people
just buying bone stock new versus
an accessorized used Hayabusa .

Banks do not care
what has been done
to it all that matters is
year and mileage . . .

:beerchug:

Lol i know man its a tough call. But Ive had this Challenger with a 3.6 in itfor a year and looooove it. Didnt think it would hit me like it has. But having a Busa in my garage makes having a six cylinder unsatisfactory. Lol. I need more ponies under that hood.
I totally understand I've got 2 in the garage an 04, and the 07 I just picked up a few weeks ago,my challenger has the big motor but it's the wife's daily, it's a beautiful bike, and I knew that was an ohio tag I'm just northeast of Dayton. Good luck with your sale and when this weather breaks if you haven't sold her shoot me a message maybe we can share a lil road

Oh I know the rules of the gsme. HOWEVER I have invested too much money into it to give all the stuff I've put on it away. If I was trying to recover ALL the costs of the upgrades I've put on it then I would be asking book value + $6,000 roughly. The rims alone were 3gs. Its priced VERY fair for all that, immaculate condition, and less than 5k miles.

Im not hurting to sell this thing. Its a toy being sold to make a toy. Lol. If it sells for this price then it does. If it stays in my garage it stays in my garage.

Oh I know the rules of the gsme. HOWEVER I have invested too much money into it to give all the stuff I've put on it away. If I was trying to recover ALL the costs of the upgrades I've put on it then I would be asking book value + $6,000 roughly. The rims alone were 3gs. Its priced VERY fair for all that, immaculate condition, and less than 5k miles.

Im not hurting to sell this thing. Its a toy being sold to make a toy. Lol. If it sells for this price then it does. If it stays in my garage it stays in my garage.
Could take it out of the garage and ride it. :poke:
Hope it finds a good home. GLWS.

It'll sell. Patience is the key. I buy and sell vehicles quite regularly, know your market (this bike was listed in February, arguably the worst time of year for bikes) and price it according to how fast you want it to sell. If you're in a hurry to move it, drop the price. If it's not urgent (mine never are) kick back and wait.
Regarding Craigslist, that may be how it's been for you, but I've bought and sold at least the last 10 vehicles I've dealt with from it. I've traveled from Dallas to Flint and many places in between to buy or sell a vehicle, be smart, gather information, and keep your wits about you.

Thanks bud. Thats what I was thinking. Just good to see Im making the right call. Lol

Well most of you guys will be happy with this news. Looks like I MIGHT be able to hellcrate my Challenger AND keep the Busa. I'm still not sure yet but it's looking loke a possibility. Its still for sale.....just not sure how long. Haha

Well most of you guys will be happy with this news. Looks like I MIGHT be able to hellcrate my Challenger AND keep the Busa. I'm still not sure yet but it's looking loke a possibility. Its still for sale.....just not sure how long. Haha

Hellaphant?!

Hellcat car
Chryco big block refered to as the elephant motor
But I'm guessing you know that :)

Yeah, I was wondering what differences there were in the Hellcat Challenger/Charger, vs the Demon or crate Hellaphant.
All are cool with tons of power, I'm just not familiar with Dodge and the details.
I don't remember if he has a V6 car or standard Hemi right now.

Yeah, I was wondering what differences there were in the Hellcat Challenger/Charger, vs the Demon or crate Hellaphant.
All are cool with tons of power, I'm just not familiar with Dodge and the details.

My old 15 Helcat was 6.2L a little smaller displacement than the newer SRT 392ci/6.4L. Mine was the 707HP model and the new Demons I think are closer to 850hp. I love Challenger's and had my share. I also had a 70 383 Cuda' in 1980. I also had two old small block barracuda's.

He's got a V6. I think hellcrate is the term for a hellcat crate motor swap.

Yeah, a V6 car would need the whole drive train and suspension swapped.
And sadly, the HellCat differential looks like it came out of the V6 car anyway...and performs like it too...grenades under load.
rofl..... not allllll the rear ends explode..... and who knows maybe a hellcrate is feasible.... but he needs to do his homework... a lot of homework... like maybe even join the hellcat forum... im sure he isn't the first guy with this idea

Back