I need input, potential board vendor

I need input, potential board vendor -

• We like your stuff, get us prices!!!

Votes: 48 100.0%
  • Your stuff is ok, IF you we can get it cheap enough.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take that crap to Ebay!

• You should be ashamed of yourself.

• Total voters
Really love those carbon inners. Saw a set go on E-bay the other day, were they some of yours by chance?
no sorry they aren't. That gentleman is located in nevada. He uses atleast 4 names that I know of. He/they sell pretty much anything CF. Waiting to see what a RSX hood looks like. A co worker bought one from him on ebay ($69 hood + $175 shipping for a NEW HOOD). I have not seen his products but a few things make me very leary of him:

allot of negative feedback IMHO
Why so many names?
Does he change names when his negative feedback gets too high?
Why the hidden buyer?
Is he running the bids?
Why is he selling the inner panels separate?
how does he ensure they fit? (his feedback says allot of stuff doesn't)
How does he ensure the weaves line up on mismatched panels?

I personally dont like carbon fiber, but that does look really nice, I bet guys who do like carbon would be all over that stuff.
I like the brake bar too, you should offer it in different lenths for guys who have stretched bikes.
Yes once I am doing that run i'll make any size needed. Fully CNC'd. BUT the exact lengths would be up to the buyer to measure and send to me.

I would be interested in some CF inners, any chance of adding color to the weave? I don't know what your capabilities are, just curious. To me quality is as important as price point, and I spend other people's money for a living:D

I would be interested in some CF inners, any chance of adding color to the weave? I don't know what your capabilities are, just curious. To me quality is as important as price point, and I spend other people's money for a living:D
colored weave is normally achieve using a carbon/kelvar blend. Not really looking into that in the immediate future. War time has made Kelvar and pretty expensive item compared to what it used to be. I plan merely to offer "runs" of items that are being made. Little to no surplus will be kept on hand.

example. One week I might make 30 cf inners sets
the next 40 custom seats.
third billet items.

We do this for fun and not to be a production line. The joys of making custom stuff would be lost quickly if you had to stare at it weeks at a time. IF I can't keep up with demand I can easily farm out my products to some shops here local BUT I do not feel that will be the case in supplying only ONE message board.

I gotcha. I am interested in looking at custom seats, and the cf inners with or w/o kevlar, keep me in the loop.

suzuki4life been around the sh.org for a very long time... You can trust him...

even though he was a punk to me when I was a jackass, eh S4L
biggrin.gif

CLoud

Hey do you make anything else....there were some rear seat adaptors taht would move your rearsets up and back an inch can you make those?

how long before the slave support production starts?
depends. I have 3 similar to what is already available. They will handle a 18t sprocket at very max and they do not use the oem dowel pins. I should get them back from the local guys by the end of next week when they're done test fitting them and drooling on them. I can give a discount on them because of the drool. My improved model I hope to have in my hands completed, 25 sets to start with, in 2-3 weeks.

Hey do you make anything else....there were some rear seat adaptors taht would move your rearsets up and back an inch can you make those?
if you put it into CAD, odds are it can be made. I warn you, one offs are expensive. Standard mill is $75/hr. Waterjet is $185/hr. Remember, item has to be programmed and ran in those time frames to get those prices. Machines bill in 15 minute incredments. Add to that raw material cost and shipping and you can get an idea.

20 views and only 1 reply. Its not looking good Cache.
its only been 1 fuggin day...

this isn't a sneek peek at yer patience level is it?

Rome wasn't built in a day...

I'd suggest you chill for atleast a few days.

just an' opinion thou...and, I was wrong once...

Back in 1978 I ......

hav a good 1...RSD.
HAHAHAHAHAH

That is what i was going to say. Takes us a little while to get moving.

Stuff looks good though.

OK for those who want CF inners. I need commitment based on price. Lead time will be under 4 weeks TYD from receipt of your payment. I will take the time to test fit and alter/adjust ALL panels before they leave here. I don't know of ANY other vendor who will do this. Catch, in veneer quality I will state these panels will be of a-b+. This is not bad for the common person. It normally only affects the super picky type person. These sets will be 4 piece sets as shown. If you recieve them and you don't like them, let me know immediately and we'll get you a refund and my panels returned.

cost $430 shipped in the US 48 states.

how many sheets thick are the inners?  do they have the little numb thing twoards the back?
I will not disclose process information. They are very rigid and I offer satisfaction guarantee. Please take special note of the grade promise. I do much larger custom pieces BUT I am going to do these with vaccum forming rather than pressure forming to speed curing time. Yes they have the rear mounting pin. I'll see about getting you a picture of the underside of the pieces. I admit though my digital photography skillls are somewhat lacking.

Back