Someting new for .org

(GoldenChild @ Oct. 01 2006,21:58)
Site is cool just listed one item to try it out.I don't like having to pay fee after each listing as you have to sign in and out of paypal each time.I would go crazy trying to post as many items as i have..nice site for the individual though.

Put your IPN from paypal in there you wont have to worry about it, or I have another option..

CAP

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Right now all the basic fees are off... You can go an post an item (Bolded text, hightlights, main page feature and all the extras cost a little) but you can still put an item up with 5 pics for no charge. Only if you sell the item is there an end of auction fee

Come on folks this thing is only going to be any good if you use it. The message board started off this way 6 years ago and look at it now, we control the growth and it will only become what we make it.

It's not hard to buy or sell there, it may take 20 minutes to search around to find all the features but it will be worth your time....

CAP

CAP

Come on folks! If you can set up a webmail account you do this. Besides, somebody needs to go over there and buy my stuff, I'm gonna need tires soon!
biggrin.gif

I have been dying for an alternative to Ebay. I hate it, it is so general. You can't sell really good stuff there because everyone assumes the gear is rubbish right off the bat. I am in final negotations to keep prices of gear down for the US market and when I finish, I am going to put an abridged catalogue on the auction site. The only tricky part really is getting the exchange rates and secure banking down pat. I have approached Westpac (our biggest bank down here) to come up with the best international secure solution they can. $500 and counting. cheeky buggers but I think they have this nut cracked.

Congrats Capt. You have done an outstanding job with the auction site. I am certainly going going to back you and back ourselves.
bowdown.gif
After all, how many companies have a delivery Busa?

side1.jpg

(KennyMac @ Oct. 13 2006,18:52)  The only tricky part really is getting the exchange rates and secure banking down pat.
Unless something has change in the last year, Paypal will take care of the currency exchange for you.

It sure does, it charges quite a lot for the privledge. To be honest, what really ticked me off about Paypal is that it adds a 10% hidden fee to my customers down here. it doesn't do it with international transactions but has cost me a lot over the last year issuing refunds to customers for a charge i never added in the first place. We have a GST (a service tax added to everything, like in the UK). It is included in the price of things on the shelf and is generally the normal thing. For example, a carton of milk will say, $1.98. This is the final price set by the store, the actual price is $1.80. 18c goes straight to the govt. By paypal, it would charge $2.16. You can't reduce the price, because now it would be 10% of the lowered price, it is tricky. I am sure no-one cares less about Aussie tax law and it doesn't apply to international sales anyway. Stress less. I am pretty much resigned to having to use it, a least in the short term. I will (after I have a slick system) change over to a real international business bank with a myriad of security features once I have all the outcomes figured and accounted for and tested.

Back