State of the Union

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Here ye here ye all hayabusa owners.......

I wanted to take a couple of minutes to let you know how things are going on the site.... I can tell you that we are as busy as ever and there are some great folks supporting your every need. The admins are working behind the scenes to keep things like logins, password changes, email, posting pics, new member help and every other thing you can imagine. If you think for a second that they just become an admin and we all send nice emails to each other your a little off. The admins work hard behind the scenes and we all don't always agree but we make it work.

For those that have't seen the thread we have a new trouble ticket system if you have any issues. You dont have to be logged in, take a look at this post to get all of the details.  

All and all things are busy but really really good, we have the busa bash coming up at Deal Gap which I am going to be able to attend. There is a great group going to be there and I couldn't be any more excited. I am anticipating meeting some new folks and having a great couple of days listening to fantastic stories and enjoying the rapport this place has..

Soon after the bash there is the Meet and Greet in Eureka Springs Arkansas round 2 for me. Last year we had a great time and I made some personal connections with some interesting folks. I can't wait to see you all again.

Somewhere in there Vegas is taking place (I can only get off work so many times) but I can't get to this one... Vegas would be a blast baby.....

One of the biggest announcements for me personally is that Hayabusa.org is officially a sponsor of the PMRA races in Noble Oklahoma, we will be there selling shirts and having product giveaways from our sponsors. We are hoping to get some great pictures and give a little back to the sport that has been a big part of this site...

For the long timers that know me I think that I have proven my integrity and intentions on this site time and time again. Recently several of the members became upset with the way that I run the board and frankly made some pretty hurtfull comments without having all of what I think is the facts. Behind the scenes we always have drama, there is always someone mad at someone else, you can't get this many people together and not have a couple of fuedes. We deal with them when they come up and for the most part they die away.

Someone has questioned my integrity and honor and intentions with you the members and this site... While I think that the folks that made these accusations are good folks the whole situation could have been resolved with a phone call, instead a line was drawn in the sand and folks started choosing sides, unfortunate! There are going to be a couple of other announcements coming in seperate threads tonight about some things happenning on the site... I am always working on a way to make this site self sufficient. Go search and you will see that I have time after time refused to make this place a pay for view site. Nothing but good thoughts for the people here...

On April 15th last year we paid one lucky member 5,000 US dollars for a raffle that I did not start but was responsible for. We had not a single sponsor at the time and we were not accepting donations. RSD and many many other folks (search for the threads) requested that I take donations, then they requested that I make it easier with recurring donations so they didn't have to remember to log into paypal.. Here is a thread that covers the auction site and my reasoning... Interestingly you read through that thread and a name or two should pop out as someone who recently referred to me as  a cult leader, Oct 06 was OK in his eyes and now I'm an evil leaderl.....

Auction site coming on

Auction site going away, make sure you read this one all the way through. Notice the members asking for recurring donations and membership fees........

I have worked to make this place self sufficient so that the members did not have to donate or pay anything out of their pocket. Over the last year we have forged some great relationships with:

Cloud 9 Motorsports
Street and Track
Sportvue
Cyclecat
Ryders Nation
Roadlok
MotorSportSuperstore.com
XenonKing
Redline Stands
Spyder Racing
Mr Cycles

These companies have contributed greatly to the site and the members. Without the sponsors we would have been in some dire staights.. Behind the scenes most of these guys went above and beyond what we had agreed to and helped me get the raffles going and helped me make it all happen......

We went from no sponsors to a great group in about 9 months.... WOW.........

Now here is the greatest part I can tell you..... For every member out there that has a recurring donation I want you to log into paypal and cancel it, I can officially tell you that we have enough sponsors to cover the cost of the site. We have been working hard to get good product manufacturers and companies that would support the members, we found them........

To all of the nay sayers out there that ever questioned my integrity all I can say is its unfortunate that you aren't here anymore. I really wish that folks had the courage to contact me before they make speculative statements.

If you still want to donate, feel free we will still use the money for improvements around the site... If you still sell and item and want to kick a couple bucks over, great... I would simply suggest that if you want to help the site from now on, buy a shirt! Get something back for your money.

Now give me a few more minutes and I have some great news coming in other threads that I need to post.....

As always if you have questions contact me, I'm just a click away.

cap

I am glad I stopped by tonight Cap!
egitarre77.gif

Thanks Doug

I wish you could join us in Vegas in two weeks...someday we'll get you out here
beerchug.gif

Laguna '08 maybe
super.gif

Cap - don't know you and I'm a newbie but this site is awesome. I have learned so much and folks are helpful and smart ... I don't even look at anything to mod/buy without searching threads or starting a new one. I just contributed a few days ago and will again. I was hoping to meet folks at the bash at Deal's Gap but can't - maybe next time. Thanks to all the folks behind the scenes too. Don't know who they are either but the place works and rocks. There will always be big talkers, naysayers, critics etc. but like everwhere else 10 per cent get 90 per cent of the work done. So ... my thanks.
bowdown.gif

Personally I like the recurring donation and don’t plan to cancel. This site has done a lot for me so to give a little something back is just how it should be done.
beerchug.gif

From someone that runs a forum I congratulate you. Forums are not an easy thing to get going, and they are normally not a project you can support yourself with. A forum is just fun for most people.

This particular forum is full of info, full of good people, and holds plenty to laugh at in the right places.

Keep up the good work Cap.

Aaron
www.GrudgeBike.com

Excellent work Cap. You've definitely made this a great place to hang out. Thanks and great work on growing it right.

beerchug.gif

Thanks to all the sponsers, and donating members, for your continued support~
super.gif

Thanks to the members for all the outstanding contributions to the forums~
beerchug.gif

Mostly... Thank you, Cap'n Doug, for all you do and endure to keep this place alive and well!
bowdown.gif

Oh... and Congrats on the PMRA Sponsership... very cool indeed!
race.gif

I have learned so much and plan on learning a lot more. Thanks to everyone involved... I can't wait to actually meet some of you!

Don't worry - I plan on buying a lot of t-shirts...

Back