I gotz big problems..busa might hafta go..

Just saw this, and you'll come out of this OK. You're a skilled guy, and you may be holding yourslef back from better opportunities. And not that it means anything, but if you're over 40, you're in a "protected class," meaning you're protected from age discrimination, if that's playing any part in this thing.

Okay folks....i can't thank you all enough for your kind wishes, offers and prayers but here's a little sumpt'in you all well deserve..an...

Update:

Well...."My 2nd Shift Compadre" was supposed to have 90% of the remaining machining done by morning time...and "Even That" would've been an easy laid-back evening...so the i could have it all finished up in time for the 9:00a.m. "Quality Review Meeting"....well...it went like this...

I arrive at my machine 6:50 am too a TWO PAGE letter telling me how sorry he was that he only got about 10% of the work assigned done...and he stayed until 5:30am to do it...because?...well?...he had "problems"....to wit?...he called up the wrong program and crashed a boring bar into a critical bearing surface on the expensive billet aluminum part that's 1.2 the size of my dining room table...smashing the bearing land on a 4" I.D. c-bore...then at 7:10am?....guess who i run into on my way too engineering to get some print issues sorted out?..yep...bossy...he looks at me...and tight lipped i stared back at him and forced him to open up conversation...and get this...he asks me...

"Well?...how'd he do last night?"

Me: "Not worth a fug."

Him: "What's up?"

Me: "He crashed a bearing bore and got about 10% of what he should've gotten done done annnd..stayed 12 hours to do it."

Bossy grimaced...then said...

"Alright...do the best ya can and see if you can get what's left finished up today."

so i did....finished all periphery, holes and critical bores....head of quality came out towards the end of the day and (get his) asked me with "respect"....

"So Jinks...didja pull it off and save it?"

so I told'im...wellllll?...it's like this...except for one area where a tool got crashed into a press fit bearing surface but only compromised less than 5% of that actual bearing surface...other than that?...imho the remainder of the several snafu's while unappealing to the eye are merely cosmetic blemishes and while i'm not an engineer?...if you're asking me?...i can't see where any of this would compromise the parts fit, form or function in any notable way as long as we polish out the sharp edges on the blemmed areas.

The lead inspector smiled and agreed.

Meanwhile?...my 2nd shift compadre shows up and i actually felt bad for the guy...he was apoligizing to no end (in broken english)..and i could tell he felt terrible...then he told me he woke up at 10:am (after working till 5:30am) in a panick over crashing the part...he11..he almost looked like he was gonna cry there for a moment...and i told'im...mannn.......screw-ups happen to everybody...we're all human....it's a tough shop...grind yer own tools...figure out and devise your own set-ups and fixtures...pretty much on yout own all the way around...definantly one of the toughest and most demanding shops i've worked in...and one hot & Cold runn'in Mofo for a boss.

but?...I made it through the day and that's how it went....but the boss still wants a QR on the part...so?...time will tell.

Thanks again for the well wishes, offers, thoughts and prayers and?...please keep'em com'in as i'm still not certain how this is going to play out in the end and..

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Sounds like your Boss is bipolar. I worked for one before......what a challenge!

Jinkster, looks like it is going to work out for ya. Sounds like your work is first class, if the jerk off boss doesnt recognize that you are a first class person, the the heck with him. You may want to start looking for options anyway. Good luck with whatever happens.

Tim

I can sympathize with what you are going through. I once worked for someone that I believe was extremely bipolar. To say the least he had issues and everyone around knew it but him.

Anyway, I'm glad that you seem to have made it through. Good luck with it.

On a side note and out of curiosity, you knew that when you left for the day at 5:30p, even though you left stuff for the 2nd shift, why didn't you just do it yourself and alleviate the extra complications? I don't know if it is even possible for you to do so, but if the job was on the line, I don't know that I would leave my fate to someone else who has already screwed the pooch several times.

sounds like you made it through today ok...hope that continues to be the case...if it was me, i think i would start looking around and scouting out some new possibilities...of course, i don't know your situation so i am just giving my $.02...i wish you the best
beerchug.gif

<clap> See! Told ya good things will happen. You just keep doing the good work and be consistent and professional - and no matter what - you'll be the winner...

Oh - and good job with the night guy. Winners don't prey on underachievers. So way to stay above the line with your night guy. (Not to sound too Tony Robbins-ish)

Good job and you keep us posted Jinkster. We're pulling for you.

everthing seems fine. but maybe while things are cooled down check around for another compariable job. i agree with semicps you never know dealing with a man like him.

Very glad to hear all seems to be working out for ya, Bill.

Keep hangin in there, the cream always rises to the top.

scare tactic. often works, but not always the best way to go. glad it all worked out bro

I went through the "sea" of emotions reading all of this. Glad things turned out as they did so far!

Back