I need input, potential board vendor

I need input, potential board vendor -

• We like your stuff, get us prices!!!

Votes: 48 100.0%
  • Your stuff is ok, IF you we can get it cheap enough.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take that crap to Ebay!

• You should be ashamed of yourself.

• Total voters
ready for the money yet?
rock.gif
you sending that with the subframe or without?

gentleman. As said before, I have not reached an agreement with H.org to show prices but here's a history lesson.

Muzzy made CF inners, they were junk and sold for $199
Atech MAKES inners, they are just under $600 and require about a 4-6 week wait time
Cataylst MADE inners, no longer available and costed $400-450.

I won't compete with junk, and I can't compete with $199. Info other than that is still unavailable.
I dunno were the inners that are being put on the bike ordered for me came from, but I wish their were more options for them from other places and better pricing and option... as in CF, CF Kevlar, and the Titanium Silver... as seen on a place I visited a few times that gives several versions CF being 60% less weight, CF K 50% less Weight and the other was a Titanium Silver and @30% less weight. It is a OPPRACING... I like the CF K so I could have 10% more weight savings But I look at the stregnth portion too. Whats your thought on this?
rock.gif

gentleman. As said before, I have not reached an agreement with H.org to show prices but here's a history lesson.

Atech MAKES inners, they are just under $600 and require about a 4-6 week wait time

I won't compete with junk, and I can't compete with $199. Info other than that is still unavailable.
I dunno were the inners that are being put on the bike ordered for me came from, but I wish their were more options for them from other places and better pricing and option... as in CF, CF Kevlar, and the Titanium Silver... as seen on a place I visited a few times that gives several versions CF being 60% less weight, CF K 50% less Weight and the other was a Titanium Silver and @30% less weight. It is a OPPRACING... I like the CF K so I could have 10% more weight savings But I look at the stregnth portion too. Whats your thought on this?
rock.gif
Well we are talking about cosmetic parts. Whatca want them to weigh?

Polyester weaves (ie fiberglass, carbon/kelvar) have great benefits. Tensile strength, rigid, light and inexpensive. Without getting super technical, strength and weight is based on 2 things. 1. resin 2 technique in process.

CF inners are basically made of the same type matting material (in different form) as carbon wheels. I wouldn't suggest to try putting 300 ft lbs through a set of carbon inners.

I personally think if you're concerned about weight savings then look into an aerospace lab to make your inners using oriented mat, single ply and positive pressure based forming chambers. AHH I'm sure they could bang you a set of super light, super ugly cf inner out for ohhhhhhhh $8 grand or so. But they would prbably be 4-5 oz lighter than other available.

rock.gif

Polyester weaves (ie fiberglass, carbon/kelvar) have great benefits. Tensile strength, rigid, light and inexpensive. Without getting super technical, strength and weight is based on 2 things. 1. resin 2 technique in process.

CF inners are basically made of the same type matting material (in different form) as carbon wheels. I wouldn't suggest to try putting 300 ft lbs through a set of carbon inners.

I personally think if you're concerned about weight savings then look into an aerospace lab to make your inners using oriented mat, single ply and positive pressure based forming chambers. AHH I'm sure they could bang you a set of super light, super ugly cf inner out for ohhhhhhhh $8 grand or so. But they would prbably be 4-5 oz lighter than other available.
may as well take a crap b4 each ride to get the same results...
smile.gif

rock.gif

may as well take a crap b4 each ride to get the same results...
smile.gif
you're really think you're gonna save allot of weight replacing 4 abs plastic panels that are maybe 3/8" thick and under 1-2 square feet?

That makes as much logical sense as stripping the paint off your wheels to remove unsprung weight.

If cost is a big issue and you just want carbon fiber look. Take your inners to a local sign company. They should be able to cover them in a carbon look laminate. Not sure how well they'll hold up and but should pass off as carbon inners to most people.

20 views and only 1 reply. Its not looking good Cache.
its only been 1 fuggin day...

this isn't a sneek peek at yer patience level is it?

Rome wasn't built in a day...

I'd suggest you chill for atleast a few days.

just an' opinion thou...and, I was wrong once...

Back in 1978 I ......

hav a good 1...RSD.
I'm a very impatient SOB.
Yhea I have heard that.
wow.gif

Products look good as well as your reputation.

Really love those carbon inners. Saw a set go on E-bay the other day, were they some of yours by chance?
no sorry they aren't. That gentleman is located in nevada. He uses atleast 4 names that I know of. He/they sell pretty much anything CF. Waiting to see what a RSX hood looks like. A co worker bought one from him on ebay ($69 hood + $175 shipping for a NEW HOOD). I have not seen his products but a few things make me very leary of him:

allot of negative feedback IMHO
Why so many names?
Does he change names when his negative feedback gets too high?
Why the hidden buyer?
Is he running the bids?
Why is he selling the inner panels separate?
how does he ensure they fit? (his feedback says allot of stuff doesn't)
How does he ensure the weaves line up on mismatched panels?
Yeah, kinda wondered myself. I'd be up for a set of yours, if my pathetic budget can make it happen.

Really love those carbon inners. Saw a set go on E-bay the other day, were they some of yours by chance?
no sorry they aren't. That gentleman is located in nevada. He uses atleast 4 names that I know of. He/they sell pretty much anything CF. Waiting to see what a RSX hood looks like. A co worker bought one from him on ebay ($69 hood + $175 shipping for a NEW HOOD). I have not seen his products but a few things make me very leary of him:

allot of negative feedback IMHO
Why so many names?
Does he change names when his negative feedback gets too high?
Why the hidden buyer?
Is he running the bids?
Why is he selling the inner panels separate?
how does he ensure they fit? (his feedback says allot of stuff doesn't)
How does he ensure the weaves line up on mismatched panels?
Yeah, kinda wondered myself. I'd be up for a set of yours, if my pathetic budget can make it happen.
well If the true cf inners are out of your budget I may look into some carbon "look" inners to be made available to this board. I can probably do them for less than half the cost of the true carbon ones.

Back