How many would move to Texas?

Oh? Show me something similar then.

IMG002Small.jpg

IMG011Small.jpg

IMG009Small.jpg

IMG014Small.jpg

IMG004Small.jpg
I just get a passport... I have lived in half a dozen travel destinations and although nice places.. sure takes the fun out of visiting them.. CA.. it is a state alright...

My memory might be failing me, but I don't remember anybody wanting to secede from our country (other than Alaska :laugh:) during the entire 8 years of Republican administration.

Perhaps that's because we weren't neck deep in debt, only waist deep.

Sales Tax - 6.5%
Gas Excise Tax - 20%
Watch out there Militant Smoker Group a $1.41 per pack of cigarettes tax

They do not have a state sales tax but somehow I think they make up for it. Plus they have the Dallas Cowboys.

Depends on what their State Constitution or new Constitution they might frame reads. If it is what our framers visualized, YES

Correct me if I am wrong but, didn't our "framers" visualize slavery and no women voting?

If Texas goes I hope Oklahoma decides to join em. Then I can move home, be a secessionist and still not have to support the cowboys :)

Correct me if I am wrong but, didn't our "framers" visualize slavery and no women voting?

It was the British crown that first brought slavery to the colonies. And even though the founding fathers were split on the idea, the notion that they were, as a group, pro slavery is incorrect.

Ok let me rephrase....TEXAS COLLEGE football teams...I just dont want to see anymore Sooners shirts around here.

Oh and no one in Texas actually like the Cowboys. We just keep them around for the tax write off.:laugh:

It was the British crown that first brought slavery to the colonies. And even though the founding fathers were split on the idea, the notion that they were, as a group, pro slavery is incorrect.

Nevertheless it took almost 100 years for it to be amended into our constitution.

Secession.....yawn................

Agreed. Texas, the "LoneStar" state, has an affinity for the idea of being a nation rather than a state of the union. There is a lot of romantic nonsense in Texas about being a unique entity. Don't get me wrong, I currently have a Austin mailing address but am amused at all the historical nonsense spouted every so often. Guess I better start'a buyin' me some guns for the war of independence. :laugh:

Actually you let Texans guard the boarder like its our land and youll never see another illegal. We would solve that problem real fast.:laugh:

Something tells me there are a whole lot of Texas residents that might disagree.

Actually you let Texans guard the boarder like its our land and youll never see another illegal. We would solve that problem real fast.:laugh:

That's funny considering that Americans were the first to cross the border illegally into Tejas. Furthermore, the issue of slavery was the MAIN reason that the USA undertook the Mexican-American war. It was done in order to annex Tejas and the rest of the (Mexican) Southwest due to Mexico's outlawing of slavery in the 1830's when Tejas was still Mexico. :poke:

Back