Help, how much did you pay for your first service?

Price of oil, filter and chain cleaner/lube.

When I get to the valve adj I will let the dealer do that.

Definitely do it yourself; if for nothing else you'll have peace of mind that it's done correctly and you'll get to know your busa on a more intimate basis.
I haven't seen this mentioned in this thread yet, but how can you even think that a mechanic at the stealership will know how, or even care to take the time to properly remove and reinstall the right fairing? Not to mention the scratches and broken/missing nylon pins that you'll note if you inspect their work.

Didn't read everything, but every bike owner should know how to at least change the oil on their bike.

A stated, just do it yourself!

Il had a dealer I trust do the first 600 mile service. I had th same dealer mechanic with my 750. They quoted $199, but did it for $150. Tightened chain a little checked everythiong out and put some locktite on my TRex rear spools cause they were loose. Had them switch to synthetic and total cost was $164. Great guys Gulf Shores Power Sports in Foley, Al. I will do all my oil changes and convert to water wetter now.:thumbsup::welcome:

Hate to thread jack this but what tools do you need to do the first maintenance yourself? A torque wrench, motorcycle stand, oil filter wench, do you need any special sockets or sizes? I'm going to do my first one myself but want to make sure I got everything first.

Thread jack over!:beerchug:

Not a thread jack at all Nick. I kind of hinted at the same question of tools I needed. From reading the manual I know I'll need a torque wrench. Hopefully I can make due with the provided tools, and I'm almost positive it can all be done without a motorcycle stand. (might make it easier tho obviously). Looking for a thread showing pictures of right side fairing removal right now.

Back