500 mile service?

First sevice here in England cost £90 to £99. Why do they charge, all the bikes I've had before no charge. Yamaha does first service free here, Kawasaki £99.

I had my 08 seviced at the local suzuki dealer at 499miles 150 dollars,ok i to want too keep my warrenty in check ,500 miles later I do my own maintenance i find 2 fairing pop rivets missing (upper nose)and oil pan plug stripped,be careful ,its a plus if you personally know the mechanic,dont put to much trust in the dealership.

Did you actually watch them do all this. I'll bet money they didn't flush the radiator or the brake fluid and I know for a fact they didn't flush any transmission fluid (unless you consider changeing the oil as flushing the transmission).

I hope that they topped up the headlight and indicator fluids too, they are really important :whistle:

I had my 08 seviced at the local suzuki dealer at 499miles 150 dollars,ok i to want too keep my warrenty in check ,500 miles later I do my own maintenance i find 2 fairing pop rivets missing (upper nose)and oil pan plug stripped,be careful ,its a plus if you personally know the mechanic,dont put to much trust in the dealership.

My bike is like my girl, no one else touches her. :whistle:

Did my own first service. Took FOREVER...first fully faired bike I ever worked on. Dealer never told me anything about "having" to get it dealer serviced to maintain warranty. I'm pretty sure that as long as the service is done, it's illegal for a company to not honor the warranty.

my first service was $150. cable lube, oil and filter, clean adjust chain and torque a series of bolts. however i'm never comfortable when others work on any of my motorcycles or cars or rvs or watercraft or anything.

You kids have way too much faith in the dealership! I have NEVER taken my busa back to the dealer for anything. Learn to do your own fairing removal, oil/filter change, chain adjustments, spark plug replacement, etc, yourself. Unless the tech is a personal friend, 9 out of 10 techs more than likely have never gone through the ordeal of correctly removing and reinstalling that right side fairing on a Hayabusa without screwing something up. I consider myself fairly handy at doing my own maintenance, but even at that, it takes me at least 30 minutes to PROPERLY remove and then another 30 to reinstall the fairing CAREFULLY in order to avoid scratching or ruining anything. If missing pop-pin rivets and crushed grommets don't bother you, then by all means take her in. You'll end up having to remove the fairing again anyway to properly replace the grommet that fits in the ram air intake tube, because it will be bouncing around loose in the airbox. I always have to put a spot of super glue on mine to hold it in place as I do the fairing reinstall.

You kids have way too much faith in the dealership! I have NEVER taken my busa back to the dealer for anything. Learn to do your own fairing removal, oil/filter change, chain adjustments, spark plug replacement, etc, yourself. Unless the tech is a personal friend, 9 out of 10 techs more than likely have never gone through the ordeal of correctly removing and reinstalling that right side fairing on a Hayabusa without screwing something up. I consider myself fairly handy at doing my own maintenance, but even at that, it takes me at least 30 minutes to PROPERLY remove and then another 30 to reinstall the fairing CAREFULLY in order to avoid scratching or ruining anything. If missing pop-pin rivets and crushed grommets don't bother you, then by all means take her in. You'll end up having to remove the fairing again anyway to properly replace the grommet that fits in the ram air intake tube, because it will be bouncing around loose in the airbox. I always have to put a spot of super glue on mine to hold it in place as I do the fairing reinstall.

And that is why I would rather do it myself. Then I know its done right, its put back together right, and I dont have to worry about it. Not the mention the so called test ride after they finish. :banghead:

There is no transmission fluid:poke: If they told you that they were just trying to make you feel better about how much they overcharge people.

It was awhile ago and i admit im still learning the mechanical part of the bike. I do kbow they said they changed all fluids so i "assumed" ment transmission.. My bad. But mine only cost me 70$ for entire service..

It was awhile ago and i admit im still learning the mechanical part of the bike. I do kbow they said they changed all fluids so i "assumed" ment transmission.. My bad. But mine only cost me 70$ for entire service..

Make sense...it's cheaper when they DO change the transmission fluid. ;)

No, its not included. They said to maintain my warranty I needed to let them do the first maintenance. Then I could do the rest myself as long as I kept my receipts.

That's BS...all you need to do is keep records...parts receipts and what you did is all ya need.
Posted via Mobile Device

They said to maintain my warranty I needed to let them do the first maintenance. Then I could do the rest myself as long as I kept my receipts.

BA is correct. If you have to pay for the first service,then of course the second oil change service would also be required .

I bought a Gen II from the same dealer - never said anything to me about it.

Tell them the internet calls BS - :laugh:

Here is a read i googled. It could be wrong same as i could be wrong but the link does cite the link to the Federal Trade Commission regarding the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act .

Cadre Cycle.

From the link;

"Tie-in Sales" provisions are NOT allowed in consumer warranties. Manufacturers cannot require consumers to purchase items or services from a specific dealer in order to keep their warranty valid. In other words, the consumer cannot be required to exclusively use a dealer or a specific brand of parts to maintain the warranty on the motorcycle. Also, the motorcycle manufacturer or dealer CANNOT state that the bike's warranty is void if services are performed by an independent shop or other "brands" of parts are used. If a manufacturers warranty covers both the parts and labor for making a repair, the Act applies to labor/services. Although tie-in sales provisions generally are not allowed, a manufacturer can include such a provision in their written warranty if they can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the FTC that their motorcycle will not work properly without a specified part or service.

Last edited:
Here is a read i googled. It could be wrong same as i could be wrong but the link does cite the link to the Federal Trade Commission regarding the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act .

Cadre Cycle.

From the link;

"Tie-in Sales" provisions are NOT allowed in consumer warranties. Manufacturers cannot require consumers to purchase items or services from a specific dealer in order to keep their warranty valid. In other words, the consumer cannot be required to exclusively use a dealer or a specific brand of parts to maintain the warranty on the motorcycle. Also, the motorcycle manufacturer or dealer CANNOT state that the bike's warranty is void if services are performed by an independent shop or other "brands" of parts are used. If a manufacturers warranty covers both the parts and labor for making a repair, the Act applies to labor/services. Although tie-in sales provisions generally are not allowed, a manufacturer can include such a provision in their written warranty if they can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the FTC that their motorcycle will not work properly without a specified part or service.

That's it! Anyone telling you that you MUST have the maintenance done by a shop is either uniformed or lying. Don't think I'd be inclined to do further business with that place.

Now i really wanna know ,

Could it be Suzuki has already demonstrated to the satisfaction of the FTC that this particular model Gen II Hayabusa motorcycle will not work properly without a specified part and or not having the first service performed by a Suzuki dealer ? ???

Now i really wanna know ,

Could it be Suzuki has already demonstrated to the satisfaction of the FTC that this particular model Gen II Hayabusa motorcycle will not work properly without a specified part and or not having the first service performed by a Suzuki dealer ? ???

Hmmm...I suppose it's possible. But I don't think oil changes and bolt tigtening would satisfy that requirement or virtually all vehicles would be in that boat.

If it ain't written in the warranty, it ain't part of the warrant.

Back