first service (dealership ?)

What I have learned about my Gen 2 after doing its break in service last night at 350 miles.

1) Suzuki did a terrible job designing the fairings for ever being removed from the bike, most rediculous bike I have ever had to dissasemble. I mean screws on the inside of the fairings that must be removed to seperate the lower fairing from the front fairing...really?

2) 350 miles, 5 days no chain stretching at all, I must be going to easy on the break in.

3) Either factory or dealership that assembled it went a bit locktite crazy on the seat bolts.

4) Using a torque wrench is fun.

5) Oil came out darker than I would have imagined it would be after only a few hundred miles.

6) My Oil filter wrench bit the dust after 12 years of use.

That is all...

Glad to be better aquainted with my new Gen 2, can't say I'm looking forward to taking the fairings off again though... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I personally wouldn't let some strange person at a dealer work on my bike even if they paid ME 100 bucks.
Now with some, its better to let someone else work on your bike. Tools become weapons of mass destruction in some hands of the unskilled mechanics.

+1 ....one my buddies (which doesn't know which end of a rachet to use) called himself trying to fix a wire going to the batt. and he managed to remove his front seat with a flat-head screwdriver....???..... I asked before he started if he needed help... he said he had it cuz he watched someone else do it before...:dunno:... So im assuming the other guy never told him that he had to replace the seat, among other things, after he did it that way

Don't touch it if you are not confident in your mechanical skills. .....:please:..... I would hate to see another busa suffer for no reason!!...:please:

Do it yourself, stealership won't do anything else. That's just something they tell you to give you a warm fuzzy.

They may be the way it works where you live, but not here. During the first service, our tech changes the oil and does a complete inspection of the bike including chain adjustment and fluid check. The first service also looks good as far as the warranty is concerned. We recommend 600 miles on all street bikes.

Last edited:
Glad to be better aquainted with my new Gen 2, can't say I'm looking forward to taking the fairings off again though... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

It only gets easier dude. I did an oil change on my bike last night. Took around half hour with me BSing around too.

What I have learned about my Gen 2 after doing its break in service last night at 350 miles.

1) Suzuki did a terrible job designing the fairings for ever being removed from the bike, most rediculous bike I have ever had to dissasemble. I mean screws on the inside of the fairings that must be removed to seperate the lower fairing from the front fairing...really?

2) 350 miles, 5 days no chain stretching at all, I must be going to easy on the break in.

3) Either factory or dealership that assembled it went a bit locktite crazy on the seat bolts.

5) Oil came out darker than I would have imagined it would be after only a few hundred miles.

That is all...

The initial chain stretch will start when you start getting in the gas hard. My 09 chain stopped its initial stretch around the first 2000 miles.
The fairings get simple with repetition. I thought the same the first time i did mine, 2nd time was a little easier, now I can do it in the dark with little to no effort.

For $100 I would have them do it. You never know when you need o get a flat tire replaced. I personally like the people in the service department at the dealership I go to. They do not BS at all. Other dealerships in the area I do not like. Like the one that wanted me to leave my bike there for a week for a tire change; will never call them again.

That is all...

I can get both sides off in less than 15 minutes.
Wanna see? https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...-hayabusa-fairing-tutorial-videos-w-pics.html :)

Thats funny, i watched your video and noticed you had no belly pan on the bike after I started doing mine I realized you left that whole part out of your video. Also I noticed you did not have to remove the two internal screws on both sides of the bike that connects the lower side fairing to the front upper fairing. does your bike not have these, or did you remove these permanently?

I've only had mine off once. Now I just remove the fasteners at the bottom and open her up enough to get the filter out. Some have cut the opening in the fairing a little bigger and just reach in. But with a few goes at it you'll do it in minutes. :thumbsup:

This...

It happened with my brand new 11 too. It took some torquing to get them lose.

They may be the way it works where you live, but not here. During the first service, our tech changes the oil and does a complete inspection of the bike including chain adjustment and fluid check. The first service also looks good as far as the warranty is concerned. We recommend 600 miles on all street bikes.

My 11 has around 580 miles here in Toledo. Even though I purchased from up in Ann Arbor, first service location doesn't matter does it?

It shouldn't matter where you get it done as long as it is at a Suzuki dealer. I just hit 650 on my Busa and had to adjust my chain tonight. It was way out of spec. I did first service myself but I think a dealer is a good idea too. Honda east is a great asset. ( thanks for all the advice Justin ).

Just did mine at 550, suk 10-40 and filter, sync the throttle bodys " which was a waste of time" they were perfict, chain adjust, throttle adjust......bla bla bla...... its easy, but one thing is HAVE FUN WITH THE FARINGS. hee hee hee...for me its the only thing on the busa thats a joke. take your time and be ginger with the removal. all cost was 35 bucks, keep the receipts. you'll be fine.

Thats funny, i watched your video and noticed you had no belly pan on the bike after I started doing mine I realized you left that whole part out of your video. Also I noticed you did not have to remove the two internal screws on both sides of the bike that connects the lower side fairing to the front upper fairing. does your bike not have these, or did you remove these permanently?

Not sure which "internal" screws you are talking about. They are all on the outside.

Back