First Service

busanewb

Registered
Today I was reading through my service manual for the first time today out of boredom when I came across the service intervals. it shows I should of changed the oil around 600 miles. well I got mine done around 850. well I got a bit spooked reading on here how often people were changing their oil during break in. honestly some of it was excessive (50 miles). I know there are deposits in new motors and that's the reason of changing the oil and filter but was that extra couple hundred miles harsh?

If it's running fine, well... I'd say don't worry.

Personally, I did my first oil change at 30 miles lol.

I sincerely doubt it makes much difference. Same goes for redline break in v manufacturer's suggested break in. I did a redline break in and changed my oil at 30 miles also and then at 100 and 200, 500....something like that. NEVER saw a bit of metal flakes in the oil and still do not. The engine runs beautifully at 12,000 miles. No, a couple hundred miles one way or the other isn't going to matter for any oil change. I used spectro conventional oil for break in because it contains molybdenum type additives. I was told the metals like molybdenum that get shaven off during break in are good for the engine so if you change the oil too soon, you are eliminating that good stuff. don't sweat it. Do what you feel is best and use common sense.

I did mine around 600 miles and switched to full synthetic. But I think by then I already had the exhaust, trunk mod, and cruise installed. :super:

Back