First service ??

but hey lets just all agree to disagree and move on
Whatever people call you and for whatever reason, please remember that throughout this thread I have been 100% supportive of your profession and have displayed enormous, personal faith in people who do what you do.

In closing my participation in this conversation, I'm offering you and all conscientious mechanics a sincere 'thank you' for allowing some of us to put our lives in your hands.

I, personally, have found myself skidding down the street due to the incompetency of a motorcycle mechanic. I do not judge all mechanics by this event.

If anyone has any comments for me regarding the foregoing, you can PM me.

...aaaaaannnd, I'm out.

but hey lets just all agree to disagree and move on
Whatever people call you and for whatever reason, please remember that throughout this thread I have been 100% supportive of your profession and have displayed enormous, personal faith in people who do what you do.

In closing my participation in this conversation, I'm offering you and all conscientious mechanics a sincere 'thank you' for allowing some of us to put our lives in your hands.

I, personally, have found myself skidding down the street due to the incompetency of a motorcycle mechanic.  I do not judge all mechanics by this event.

If anyone has any comments for me regarding the foregoing, you can PM me.

...aaaaaannnd, I'm out.
RIGHT ON MAN.........i appreciate and respect that
beerchug.gif
....this is a closed subject in my book
thumb_up.gif

NOTE TO ALL......what ever way you decide to handle your bike maintenance, remember one thing, YOU are the one that will pay the ultimate price in the end, SO PLEASE USE COMMEN SENSE, read and understand your owners manual and do all the necessary checks you can do, ask questions point things out to your mechanic, try to be involved as much as possible.........and RIDE SAFE.......well as safe as a 200mph bike will let you
super.gif

I do my own. On my first Busa I brought it in and I had a mark on the filter, and the mark was still ther when I picked it up. The exhaust was scratched and it had 28 miles more on it. It took 17 days to do the service. Would have taken longer but I hounded them. The chain was so tight, that the bike suspension wouldnt travel. and the snap in the front was missing. I am aircraft mechanic. At the time, I had only 22 years as an all systems mechanic with 19 Aircraft certifications. Also a Cheif Inspector for 3 Airlines. You know the deal, (Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda).

I now after knowing the local people, have got the staight scoop. They start them up, adjust the chain, spray some LPS on the moving parts, and call it good.
Thats from the Mechanics own mouth.

Maybe people are more proffesional in other places, but in south Florida, No bodys more proffesional than me on my scooter.
+1  "A-Frigging-men"

I did my first service and my full Yosh myself. I enjoy working on my own stuff. I have the tools, the knowledge and I know it will be done right. I'm kind of a perfectionist.

Back