600 mile service

Stilslo

Registered
I'm approaching the first 600 miles on the new busa. I like to do most general maintanence myself but, should I take it to the dealer for the first service?

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
I didn't, and many here don't...you can do that service yourself and "supposedly" it won't affect your warranty with Suzuki. I took the chance and did my own maintenance (and always have), but recommend keeping good records/receipts just in case...

I trust very few to work on my Busa, hence I just did it myself :thumbsup:

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
On my '06 I did. $135.00. I kept every oil can, and filter with receipts until the warranty was up. On the '08 I have performed all the maintenance and thrown everything away. These bikes are just this good :bowdown:

Stilslo

Registered
Thanks. The dealer I bought it from wants 250.00. Wasn't sure if they did anything besides oil change and check bolts. I think I'll take care of it myself.

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Thanks. The dealer I bought it from wants 250.00. Wasn't sure if they did anything besides oil change and check bolts. I think I'll take care of it myself.
They're suppose to check all the bolts and inspect everything, adjust the chain, etc. But I'm not sure that gets done. My dealership said they didn't care as far as warranty goes and I've never had a problem.

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
They're suppose to check all the bolts and inspect everything, adjust the chain, etc. But I'm not sure that gets done. My dealership said they didn't care as far as warranty goes and I've never had a problem.
Yeah, I believe we've had others post here about how little the shop actually did do, but you pay for it ??? My dealer said self-servicing the Busa wouldn't void the warranty as well, but as a disclaimer, I'll add I never had to test that theory...

squale147

Registered
if you know your way around your bike do it yourself..i worked for a few dealerships through out my years as a mechanic and all most of them will do is change your oil.. you will be lucky if they shot your chain with lube.. also dont worry about them telling you that they have to do your first service or it will viod your Warranty...thats a load.of **** read this...

MLM Law - Lawyer Grimes & Reese PLLC - Attorney Specializing in Multilevel Marketing - Understanding the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

stretchabusa

Registered
Mine has never seen the Dealers since it was delivered.

As, has been said already, use Genuine Suzuki oil filter and keep good records, I even made a movie of my oil filter being taken out of the package and fitted to the motor. :thumbsup:

Best regards Stretch.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
I also did my first service, I just kept the box for the filter and the receipts. The warranty expires next month anyway.

Tha One

Registered
I'd do it myself!! I let my dealership do the first one, but if i had to do it over again i'd do it myself. Didn't switch over to synthetic to 3500 miles. I currently have 42,000 trouble free miles::laugh:

1SlowBusaKid

Registered
I'm approaching the 600 mile mark on mine as well. In reference to the mention of synthetics two posts prior, is it not recommended to use synthetics until after a certain mileage is reached?

What type of oil is used from the factory/dealer?

Jacobs

OEM Parts/Accessory guy
Donating Member
Registered
I'm approaching the 600 mile mark on mine as well. In reference to the mention of synthetics two posts prior, is it not recommended to use synthetics until after a certain mileage is reached?

What type of oil is used from the factory/dealer?
I usually don't recommend people to switch to synthetic until the 2nd oil change to be sure everything is broken in properly.

The bike comes with standard mineral motorcycle 10W-40 from the factory

Tank Bayard

Registered
Not going to the Dealer..... and the first one is a simple oil change...no need to change the filter right now.... and yes, I'm using regular oil this time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bobby B Taking the Bird in for the 600 mile service Gen II Busa Information 11
Corso1 Gen II - 600 Mile Service Costs Gen II Busa Information 23
S Just Did My 600 Mile Service! Observation! Gen II Busa Information 22
M 600 mile service today! Gen II Busa Information 5
Rick Ekstrom First 600 mile service???? Gen II Busa Information 15
III Doing the 600 mile service myself...a couple questions Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 8
F Doing my first 600 mile service tomorrow. Gen II Busa Information 23
P What does the 600 mile Service Consist of? Gen II Busa Information 34
fudge 600 mile service General Bike Related Topics 13
Bosshound 600 Mile Break In Service ? Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 7
W 600 mile service? Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 4
900Z1 600 Mile Service Rip Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 11
M 600 mile service price? General Bike Related Topics 15
moeluv 600 mile service New Owners Forum 8
B 600 mile service Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 25
L What happens on the 600 mile service? General Bike Related Topics 10
gaw 600 mile service General Bike Related Topics 4
H 600 Mile Service Suggestions Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 10
The Oracle 600 mile service General Bike Related Topics 6
Houston_Rider The 600 mile service Bull....bottom line General Bike Related Topics 6
O 600 mile service ??? General Discussion 18
O 600 mile service General Discussion 6
O 600 mile service General Discussion 2
ScottyE 600 mile oil change did it myself and saved 220 bucks Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 12
B Rad 600 mile torque bolts? Gen II Busa Information 13
Rick Ekstrom Getting ready for 600 mile oil change this weekend Gen II Busa Information 10
C 600 mile maintenance - Synthetic or Non? Gen II Busa Information 18
dolilind 600 mile question General Bike Related Topics 8
MetalDisorder 600 Mile Oil change Gen II Busa Information 18
euroR 600 Mile 1st tuneup General Bike Related Topics 9
S 600 mile maintenance question General Bike Related Topics 8
raydog 600 mile drive tomorrow General Bike Related Topics 32
Over_Easy Preparing for first ever 600 mile maintenance. Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 1
U 600 mile srvice Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 11
G My Dealer says the 600 mile valve clearance must.. General Bike Related Topics 14
busapilot911 600 mile break in New Owners Forum 10
O My 600 mile impression. General Discussion 7
c10 Showing a friend how to pick up his 600 lb bike General Bike Related Topics 8
202mphbusa 600+ HP fuel pump Turbo 28
tobefast.com Stompgrip Traction Pad 06-07 Gsxr 600/750, $35 + Shipping Appearance mods 0
FireMedic 07 Hayabusa Extension Blocks On A 03 Gsxr 600 Appearance mods 1
Derrick0580 ECU flash on a 600 worth it? General Bike Related Topics 1
Dark3 Turbo 600 sleeper? Random Thoughts 0
SuedePflow $600 trailer build Busa Haulers 15
Chango I'm a big guy 300 lbs plus can I safely use a gixxer 600 swing arm? General Bike Related Topics 11
MisterGDBusa Grinding noise from clutch 2013 Busa with 600 miles on the clock Gen II Busa Information 18
S 2008 hayabusa vs 2008 cbr 600 General Bike Related Topics 20
E Gsxr 600 with busa 1340 engine Dyno run Dyno Kings 20
MLSDUKE1 GSXR 600 Rebuild Random Thoughts 12
C 600 miles and first oil change with a few questions General Bike Related Topics 5