600 mile service

Stilslo

Registered
I'm approaching the first 600 miles on the new busa. I like to do most general maintanence myself but, should I take it to the dealer for the first service?

I didn't, and many here don't...you can do that service yourself and "supposedly" it won't affect your warranty with Suzuki. I took the chance and did my own maintenance (and always have), but recommend keeping good records/receipts just in case...

I trust very few to work on my Busa, hence I just did it myself :thumbsup:

On my '06 I did. $135.00. I kept every oil can, and filter with receipts until the warranty was up. On the '08 I have performed all the maintenance and thrown everything away. These bikes are just this good :bowdown:

Thanks. The dealer I bought it from wants 250.00. Wasn't sure if they did anything besides oil change and check bolts. I think I'll take care of it myself.

Thanks. The dealer I bought it from wants 250.00. Wasn't sure if they did anything besides oil change and check bolts. I think I'll take care of it myself.
They're suppose to check all the bolts and inspect everything, adjust the chain, etc. But I'm not sure that gets done. My dealership said they didn't care as far as warranty goes and I've never had a problem.

They're suppose to check all the bolts and inspect everything, adjust the chain, etc. But I'm not sure that gets done. My dealership said they didn't care as far as warranty goes and I've never had a problem.

Yeah, I believe we've had others post here about how little the shop actually did do, but you pay for it ??? My dealer said self-servicing the Busa wouldn't void the warranty as well, but as a disclaimer, I'll add I never had to test that theory...

if you know your way around your bike do it yourself..i worked for a few dealerships through out my years as a mechanic and all most of them will do is change your oil.. you will be lucky if they shot your chain with lube.. also dont worry about them telling you that they have to do your first service or it will viod your Warranty...thats a load.of **** read this...

MLM Law - Lawyer Grimes & Reese PLLC - Attorney Specializing in Multilevel Marketing - Understanding the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

Mine has never seen the Dealers since it was delivered.

As, has been said already, use Genuine Suzuki oil filter and keep good records, I even made a movie of my oil filter being taken out of the package and fitted to the motor. :thumbsup:

Best regards Stretch.

I also did my first service, I just kept the box for the filter and the receipts. The warranty expires next month anyway.

I'd do it myself!! I let my dealership do the first one, but if i had to do it over again i'd do it myself. Didn't switch over to synthetic to 3500 miles. I currently have 42,000 trouble free miles::laugh:

I'm approaching the 600 mile mark on mine as well. In reference to the mention of synthetics two posts prior, is it not recommended to use synthetics until after a certain mileage is reached?

What type of oil is used from the factory/dealer?

I'm approaching the 600 mile mark on mine as well. In reference to the mention of synthetics two posts prior, is it not recommended to use synthetics until after a certain mileage is reached?

What type of oil is used from the factory/dealer?

I usually don't recommend people to switch to synthetic until the 2nd oil change to be sure everything is broken in properly.

The bike comes with standard mineral motorcycle 10W-40 from the factory

Not going to the Dealer..... and the first one is a simple oil change...no need to change the filter right now.... and yes, I'm using regular oil this time.

Back