first service ?

H2447INTX

Registered
ok well on my 06 i payed for the first service couse i wanted them to flash the ecu and all that , any how my question

what all does the first service consist of doing ?

oil & filter
inspect and adjust chain !

does anyone know , do we have any service techs?

thanks

On my k8 and k9 first service they changed oil filter, drain Oil and replace with new, Chain Adjust and lube, tire pressure, quick inspect... was not impressed as I would have thought they would make sure major bolts and nuts are tightened well, but they never checked them... I do that myself anyways. Oh and then a nice WASH!

Oil and Filter, chain, throttle cable, brakes, clutch, tires, major components tight.

Per the manual - Tighten exhaust pipe and muffler bolts ( on new pipe :laugh: ) , chasis bolts and nuts. Change oil and oil filter. Inspect throttle cable play, drive chain, brakes, and steering :welcome:

On my k8 and k9 first service they changed oil filter, drain Oil and replace with new, Chain Adjust and lube, tire pressure, quick inspect... was not impressed as I would have thought they would make sure major bolts and nuts are tightened well, but they never checked them... I do that myself anyways. Oh and then a nice WASH!
They are suppose to check your exhaust and header bolts for tension !

Personally, I don't think it's worth the risk that they might break your bike for routine maintenance. Spend 1/8 the money on a few tools and ask questions here. It will take you 4x as long but chances are you will do 10x better work.......unless you have a very reliable shop or if you have no interest at all in doing any kind of wrenching.

Take pictures of yourself doing the work and save receipts if you are concerned about warranty issues.

I only take my bikes in for stuff I know I can't do myself like tire mounting. They even f'd that up for me.

Last edited:
Mythos just a caution on the warranty side ................. bike must be serviced by a "qualified" mechanic or warranty is basically null and void. Suzuki will side step warranty every time if you cannot show this.
Also agree a quality shop is becoming harder to find sadly
:thumbsup:

^^ You are playing it safe by having service done by an authorized shop but that is so expensive, I am willing to take the risk. Had good luck with my Kaw after 12K miles. I feel like the busa will be the same. There always is the "what if" factor though. I have heard some aggravating stories from guys who serviced their bike at dealerships and even bought extra warranty and still got flimflammed when they had a problem. Two recent cases in point: thrown rod bearing resulting in one busted engine case and ruined motor, other engine eats oil and now will not run. Both guys took it hard from Kawi warranty. Hate to sound like some kind of a reclusive hillbilly, but I just don't trust warranties on motorcycles after 2what I have heard. Hope Suz is a little different.

My salesman (who I do like), told me it was worth the 160 bucks to do it, because the tech goes through the entire bike bolt for bolt checking to make sure everything is ok. Now... I waited while the tech did the service. The longest part of the service was him waiting for my bike to cool down to work on it. He only changed oil/filter, adjusted chain, and told me I didn't have enough play in my throttle cable. Not worth the 135 bucks they ended up charging, but if I have any warranty issue, I have the fact that I did the initial "most important" service (as they preach to us) at the dealership to throw in their face. I guess it depends on your actual dealership, whether the service they do is worth the cost really.

my salesman told me the same thing, till i had it done and got it back with a scratched header!!!

FU**ERS!!!:banghead:

Back