first service on the bike

XBAJBUSX

Registered
hey how many off u guys took there bike to the dealer for first service ?i don't trust dealers i want to do it myself ,is it gone void my warranty?i took my m109r2 for first service and i let them install power commander and pipe when i got the bike back month later i relise that im missing piece on my bike i got piss .let me know you opinion or if you guys know a good dealer in new jersey

hey how many off u guys took there bike to the dealer for first service ?i don't trust dealers i want to do it myself ,is it gone void my warranty?i took my m109r2 for first service and i let them install power commander and pipe when i got the bike back month later i relise that im missing piece on my bike i got piss .let me know you opinion or if you guys know a good dealer in new jersey
don't waste your money and time taking it to dealer. there is not whole lot you need to do 1st service and you can do it yourself.
do the oil and flter change, check the chain if it is lose, check all the fluids and tighten all fairing screws and bolts.
you are ready to go ride again
cool.gif

you go to dealer, they charge you arm and leg, they won't put all the screws back
wowold.gif
and you have to wait for it to get ready depends of how busy they are.

Don't worry about the warranty. Just keep your receipts from when you buy the oil/filter ect. My dealer showed me what to do to my M109 on the first service just in case I deceided to do it myself. I did the first service on my 08 Busa as well. I always keep a full service log with all receipts just in case there's a warranty issue.

I did my first service also. The owners manual list what needs to be done and when. Just don't skip anything.

Lol! its basically a two hundred dollar oil change, and chain adjustment. Stay away from the stealership bro. GL!

If you've never done it before, take it first time to dealer and learn the HOW TO. ask all the questions and take notes or remember if you can. The only reason I'll be taking my K9 in to dealer is coz first servcie is free. the rest I'll be more than glad to do myself... remember to keep all reciepts... and document everything, date/time for warranty matters.

I took mine in for the first service because I wanted to get it checked for the recall. I havn't had any issues with the service dept. at my dealer, but i'm in Ohio.

My dealer suggested I do it myself, that there is nothing to it but time, which they would charge $60 per hour and it would take up to 3. He said to just keep records with dates, what you used and what you did. He said he has never had any warranty issues with people doing their own service but if there are any problems they will ask for these records.

Don't know about you guys but in Aus
you can service it anywhere as long as
it's a registed business

P.S Borrow a stamp
thumb_up.gif

I took mine in to my mechanic scott over at cycle werkz and he had me in an out in about a hour for less than a ben franklin baby !

Back