1st service

I took my 08 in for it's first service today, dealership told me about 2 hours, i told the service guy to take some of the play out of my throtle cable. hour and a half later i went into the service department to check on the progress, he was putting my bike back together. he showed me the drained oil, it had pieces of what looked like bearings... did not give me a good feeling... he said he didn't know what caused it. after sweating ten minutes he finally told me it was from another bike, he said he was just kidding, NOT FUNNY!!!, any way i got my bike home and noticed how dirty the bike was, grease, fingerprints and a SCRATCH on the hump, fortunatey it buffed out, and the plastics not put back correctly... I feel like i got a $138.00 oil change, my throtle cable had not been adjusted either, needless to say from now on i will do all my own service work....dosen't anyone take pride in their work anymore????
99% of bike shops...especially dealerships, suck *ss. If you're going to own a bike learn to do the work yourself, or be prepared to watch it slowly (or maybe even quickly lol) be destroyed every time you take it in for work :banghead: Sorry to say but thats life :poke:

I am always there watching them do the service. I would never leave the bike... Whether at the dealer or any bike shop.

Finding a good one is a tricky business.

On that subject, a co-worker had bought a service plan a few years ago when he purchased his Goldwing. Last week he serviced it by himself for the 1st time. The front brake pads were of 2 different brands, two different designs (he does not even know if they were for the Goldwing), bolts were missing from the exhaust clamps, others were loose and things like that. This is a horror story!

I hate to think what they did, or did not do when they checked the valves.

The last time I dropped a bike for service at a dealership was more than 15 years ago. The job was simple: fixing a carburation problem on a KX250 motocross bike. I brought it to 2 or 3 places, and no one was able to fix the problem. All were clueless.

I agree, no wonder they are going out of business.

Last edited:
Back