Break in service

I just did the exact same thing. Got pissed at the dealer. Got the stuff, did it myself. Bought the filter tool, but when I got to the filter, it was easier to get off with the big channel locks. Went to PB's and got the small oil catch pan. Got a KN-138 filter and some 50/50 syn 10w-40. filled the new filter about 1/3 with new oil and screwed it on. The KN filter has a 17mm bolt head on the end so you don't need the filter tool. (Anyone want a new filter tool...no charge, i will mail it to you)

The foil on the pipes almost works to keep them clean, but a rag with some acetone or lacquer thinner can clean the excess oil off the pipes so there is no smoke after it heats up. I put in about 3.75 liters (33.8 oz.) containers of oil. Struggled getting the tupperware back on (which will become easy after a few times) and the oil change went great. First time about two hours. Warchild, you are the "man" the pps file a fine example of "truth, justice, and the American Way!"
ThumbsUp.gif

I picked up swingarm spools and today I am getting a swingarm stand so I can adjust the chain. The manual is very easy to understand on the chain adjustment. The rest of the 600 mile service is basically just checking for loose stuff.

When I got my first Trail 55, then Yamaha 180 (A mistake in judgment) , then a 360 Enduro, then a CB, the a Kawa 3 hole 750 Screamer, I did my own wrenchwork. It's about time I got away from the dealer-go-round.
rant.gif

Go for it....

Back