Hayabusa's Losing The Competition Against Newer Liter Bikes?

I don't know why but I was thinking the H2 was a turbo, It's actually SC?
Yeah, it's actually a centrifugal supercharger which LOOKS and behaves similar to a turbo. For CARS it's essentially a turbo with a pulley on it and has a blow off valve. In the case of the H2, it makes boost by the gears of the S/C instead of a pulley like you would have on a car I believe.

Yeah,
it's actually a centrifugal supercharger
which LOOKS and behaves similar to a turbo .

For CARS it's essentially a turbo
with a pulley on it and has a blow off valve .

In the case of the H2,
it makes boost by the gears of the S/C
instead of a pulley like you would have on a car I believe .

Puts a load on the engine, much like the AC compressor in your car. Takes some hp to run it, creates more heat, and is not "free" hp like a turbo setup. On the plus side, it is instantaneous - stock powerband characteristics multiplied . . .

Yes as in blowing up. Given I have no personal experience with this bike and am just going off of here say. But I have heard from several reliable sources that it is not a matter of if but when it goes.

Man I have not heard of this at all until I watched this video. That is insane. If I paid over 20gs for this bike and the motor blew like that I would be fuming!

But I have a friend that used to work for Brock Davidson and left to start his own shop. Its not an H2 but if you ask him how he feels about boring out a ZX14 he will straight tell you they are garbage. He said no matter how well done they are he sees em come back in like 2 weeks with blown heads. He said not once has he seen that issue with Busa motors. In his own words "Their engines are like tanks!"

As if the liter bikes vs the Hayabusa argument needed any fuel then Ducati Drops this today! Technically its not a liter bike since its 1103cc's but 226HP and 383 lbs dry! No Power adders either!
https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2018-ducati-panigale-v4-speciale/
2018-Ducati-Panigale-V4-Speciale-05.jpg

As if the liter bikes vs the Hayabusa argument needed any fuel then Ducati Drops this today! Technically its not a liter bike since its 1103cc's but 226HP and 383 lbs dry! No Power adders either!
https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2018-ducati-panigale-v4-speciale/
View attachment 1577276
You can put me on the list of people that loves to look at them from a distance, but have never owned one and probably never will due to all the talk about expensive maintenance and parts. People that have experience with them are going to call me a clueless idiot for repeating stuff I read on the internet, but I’m too poor to be able to afford giving them a try. Lol!

I have never ridden a smaller bike (well not in 40 years anyway) but I have a friend who owns 6 liter bikes including the latest zx-10 and an older one + he crashed the gen he had before that. He just bought a 2015 CBR and also owns a Ducati and a 600. His ZX-14 is the fastest according to him. I'm sure it is the low down torque that makes it feel that way. In a roll on where the liter bike is spinning fast, I think they would beat our busa. That's the kind of race you're most likely to engage in on the street. On the other hand, if you're serious about going fast, a boosted busa is what I would want to be on even over a boosted liter bike. A liter bike is for road racing. I wouldn't even want to turbo it. The busa is just asking for a turbo and it's not bad for playing road racer on the street either.

You are right though, it is about time the busa stepped up its game. This is getting ridiculous. I'll probably keep my Gen2 though. The longer you own these bikes, the more you realize what comes from the factory is not the main factor in performance. You buy what you like and build it into anything. You keep way ahead of the factory that way. I'm sure there are plenty of Gen1 busas out there that will kill any literbike and they will probably have no reason to buy a Gen3 if all it is is another 15-20 hp and some electronics.

The worst part about that Ducati is that is not even the R model homologation special that they will need to get under a liter for WSBK and Domestic competition. That will be even steamier than the version shown above. Halcyon days have passed indeed. War Is coming in the Superbike class, getting my popcorn ready!
:beerchug:

Suzuki needs to get off their ass with the Busa. 10 years since an update? Look at all the new technology since then. Different color schemes don't cut it boys....

Also from the same school as the Ducati above and the BMW S1000RR HP4, You can buy a 250hp naturally aspirated Aprilia RSV4 R FW-GP. Like I always say where there's a wallet, there's a way.

Aprilia-RSV4-R-FW-GP-Aprilia-Racing-Factory-Works-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back