Hayabusa turbo build

Ok so I thought the boost controllers job was to regulate the supply air (150psi) down to 20, 30, 40psi, whatever, to keep the gate closed to get the required boost psi output.

Is that wrong? Or-is that correct, but its just more precise to use a lower pressure to start with?

I run 80 PSI for both
works fine
Ok so I thought the boost controllers job was to regulate the supply air (150psi) down to 20, 30, 40psi, whatever, to keep the gate closed to get the required boost psi output.

Is that wrong? Or-is that correct, but its just more precise to use a lower pressure to start with?
AMS style They rapidly dump air from your supply to the assist port and bleed it off to hold the assist you program
too high a supply makes it search a little more
so you tend to get a momentary overshoot

I run 80 PSI for both
works fine

AMS style They rapidly dump air from your supply to the assist port and bleed it off to hold the assist you program
too high a supply makes it search a little more
so you tend to get a momentary overshoo
Depends what you are trying to do. I am trying to shift 5 gears in 7 seconds

Last edited:
***TOFY MOTORSPORT RACE REPORT***
Santapod (ACU) Green Light Nationals 2023

Saturday - Not our finest day of racing
Q1 - wheelie and shy throttle hand - 8.86s
Q2 - Wheel spin on the start line - 15.48s
Q3-The bike was pulling left hard , had to Abort 8.43s
Q4- Again bike pulling hard left, had to abort 8.707

Saturday evening we went through the bike and found that there was a substantial amount of rear steer in the back wheel (hence the hard left).

With this rectified and other chassis / engine tuning applied we move on to Sunday.

Sunday - Back in the game and with some P.Bs also!

Q5 - the bike goes straight as an arrow 7.88s
E1 vs Jasmine Cordelle what a brilliant race, jas was way out infront upto the 1000ft , we caught up and overtook with a win -7.84s

E2 vs Len Paget, len pulls a negative reactiontime,he gets red lit, and blows his motor. we go through with a 7.75s .

E3 (semi finals) vs Danny Cockerill Danny out reacts us, but we out 60ft him, I punch the button for 2nd gear and the jolt makes me hit the shifter again (gutted, will apply a delay now in the Ecu ) we go 7.76. Danny takes the win to the finals with a 7.49.

What started as a disaster, ended up with us fighting for a spot in the finals , what a fantastic weekend.

We also managed to come away with the following p.bs.

60ft - 1.3008s
1/8th - 5.0797s
1000ft - 6.5180s
1/4 mile - 7.7547s

Congratulations to Danny on taking the win! A big well done to my good friend Michael Piggott on coming 2nd at his first meeting in comp bike, and of the year!

We are now eager for the National finals to arrive and will enjoy going through the bike and preparing for the next meeting.

43F1E522-3BA6-4909-906F-5C1320490647.jpeg

Bring it on .

Back