Orient Express Turbo Kit, results !!!

Raced Guy

Registered
Well after finally making the decision to go turbo my tuner, MC Dyno tech offical tuner of ama drag bike got into contact with Orient Express and recived one of there first kits. First off let me start by saying this is is very high quality and the fit and finish is great. It is a gt2860r ball bearing turbo, with tial wasted gate and bov. This turbo spins up so hard its unreal, and this kit makes sick power. My mods are base spacer, ape head studs, stainless valves and springs, adj cam gears and tensioner, and thats all for the motor. We just did some 1/8mile testing this last sat. and some base dyno runs and it is much better than i could of hoped for. The mph this thing is pulling on a soft set up is unreal. Here are some pics and a pic of the dyno runs. This run was after 5 pulls and it was on c16 tuned very safe and just off the waste gate spring which was about 7to 8psi or so. We have it set up so we can add a second stage of boost very soon. I cant wait to test it out in memphis at the next ama race in a few weeks. Id like to thank Orient Express for all of there help and one bad ass turbo kit. If anyone is looking at going turbo Orient is great to deal with and has awsome parts. :thumbsup:

sub.jpg

turbo 001.jpg

turbo 003.jpg

Last edited:
whose kit did you end up getting? Orient sells a few different ones... CAre to share some details... Gen2 busa?
What kind of fuel system?
boost controler?
etc...

looks good :thumbsup:

not a chance that turbo is gonna make 295 on 8lb of boost....looks like high reading dyno, anyway kit looks really nice and I'm sure that bike is pulling hard, sounds like an 08 since you had the valves done. I will be in memphis, post up pics of the bike so i can look for it:thumbsup: BOOST IS AWESOME

We are all looking forward to hearing the details and cost of the kit bro. I have money set aside just for something excessive. Let us know!!!

not a chance that turbo is gonna make 295 on 8lb of boost....looks like high reading dyno, anyway kit looks really nice and I'm sure that bike is pulling hard, sounds like an 08 since you had the valves done. I will be in memphis, post up pics of the bike so i can look for it:thumbsup: BOOST IS AWESOME

Gotta agree on that. 8 lbs on c16 isnt gonna get you 295.
You can make that dyno read anything you want it to. and from the looks, it looks to me like they suckered you into the cost of the map to see that kind of horse.
I'd also like to know what that set you back. You kinda left out alot of info. If your gonna boast 295 and Or Exp feel free to include it all. Im assuming its a stage 2 otherwise you'll be posting up on here in a few about how you toasted your **** b/c the FMU spiked.
All in all it sounds like your doing a GREAT job repping Or. Exp. just wondering if its for a good product. ???

Well think what you want, the lowest numbers were 286 after it was heat soaked. My tuner knows how to set up a bike and i have no reason to lie nor does he considering he is the offical trackside tuner for ama. It is an Orient kit, this is there own kit which i recived a little early but they are instock now. I swapped out the fmu for a aeromotive 1-1 reg. which i believe will be an option. And for those who think this turbo is to small or wont work, well it does, ill let the power curve speak for itself. Its a gt2860r ball bearing turbo, fuel pump, im running two power commanders, very nice plenum, 38mm tial wasted gate, and tial bov. We did ape head studs to be safe, and a base spacer, also stainless valves and springs. The kit also comes with a liquid filled boost gauge, and fuel gauge with a tripple tree mount. The fit and finish of the kit is very good, the quality of the exhaust manifold is by far some of the best ive seen. It is a gen 2 busa in case i left that out. As far as the price you will have to call them because im not sure on exact numbers for the kit, but i do know it will be competitive with any kit out there. We have been in close contact with Orient and there customer service is top notch. And the bike is great to ride, the power curve is very linear and smooth. Just in case you think these numbers are high, which i can promise they are not. The bike made 189 whp with full exhaust,pc3,no filter and mr11 and a tune on the same dyno which is right inline with others. I just did some eigth mile testing and with a slick track on the 7-8psi-waste gate spring, the mph was around 133-136 and its got alot more left, we will be adding about 4-6 more psi. Give Joe or Skip a call at Orient, tell them Ryan with Hitman sent you and they will answer any questions and hook you up. I promise you wont be dissapointed. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Destin07 its an orange and black 08, i ride for mc dyno tech so just stop by and say whats up and ill give you a run down on the whole set up. My name is Ryan, the bike num is 1095, and Bill is the guy who runs the show you cant miss us.

Dropbusa
You can make that dyno read anything you want it to. and from the looks, it looks to me like they suckered you into the cost of the map to see that kind of horse./QUOTE]

Actually i dyno with him on all the bikes, and am learing on how to tune as we go. I really dont pay for dyno time so im pretty sure theres no foul play to make numbers look good. I race for him so it wouldnt make any sense for him to make fake numbers, and then make me wonder why my bike is slolw but my hp numbers are good. :beerchug:

Last edited:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: why would you say that?

from the looks of the oversized plenum...it could be intercooled.

And he's running race gas...it gets tuned a bit leaner...hence a higher reading :whistle:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: why would you say that?

from the looks of the oversized plenum...it could be intercooled.

And he's running race gas...it gets tuned a bit leaner...hence a higher reading :whistle:

yeah the plenum does look like it might have an A/W intercooler so that and it being an 08 i guess its possible then....As far as running C16 at these low boost levels i would venture to say its going to lose HP

Back