HAYABUSA.ORG FORUM CHANGES...

I like creekboy's idea. That could actually be usefull if you were trying to describe a certain part or a fix to an individual instead of having tp pm or send pics back and forth.

I like creekboy's idea. That could actually be usefull if you were trying to describe a certain part or a fix to an individual instead of having tp pm or send pics back and forth.

I don't really care if the this place stays the same or moves on to something different, as long as the people remain and the subjects remain. I just like to move around through the threads and take it all in. I am not fully computer friendly, but can find my way around if it changes.

I don't really care if the this place stays the same or moves on to something different, as long as the people remain and the subjects remain. I just like to move around through the threads and take it all in. I am not fully computer friendly, but can find my way around if it changes.
+1
lurk.gif

I'm not even a rookie so my opinion should be taken as such. I agree with the search function problem mentioned before. It seems to pick up too many general related topics/words. Then again, I may not be using it correctly.
blush.gif

Other than that I think the layout is easy enough to peruse. I can usually find the information I need in the first section I look. Litre bikes section or not? I have no real pro/con opinion, as long as it doesn't bring some of the trash from other internet forums. I kinda like the folks maturity here, well most of the time!!
Thanks.

ok...I have a "This sorta Sucks" comment. When you do a search for lets say..."TRE", you get a billlion results back, most not relating to tre, but because people post things like "Whats a TRE" to be funny in a thread. Makes getting info sorta frustrating, maybe Im using search wrong, or maybe we just need a smarter search. I do think the "Whats a tre" thing is funny, but like I said it is sorta frustrating.
wink.gif

ok...I have a "This sorta Sucks" comment. When you do a search for lets say..."TRE", you get a billlion results back, most not relating to tre, but because people post things like "Whats a TRE" to be funny in a thread. Makes getting info sorta frustrating, maybe Im using search wrong, or maybe we just need a smarter search. I do think the "Whats a tre" thing is funny, but like I said it is sorta frustrating.
wink.gif
Hey Cache, I know this isn't the right place, but I was wondering if you could tell me: What's a TRE?

Sorry Valium, I couldn't resist! I consider myself counseled.

HOW TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!

if you dont want to see all the "whats a TRE?" crap, select the dropdown option of topic titles only. Not topic titles and posts.

the search function works fine, if you guys want a crashe course posted up and pinned in the future "help" forum just say so.

too many ppl use it wrong, then never use it again. Not bashing, but it works really good.......   AND .... will work better after the forum/category changes are made.

K?

I live and die by the "New Posts" button.

Please keep it!!!!

I don't need an adult-rated forum on here for that reason alone.

Also, I don't see the point of having a litre-bike forum here but I'm not necessarily opposed to it.

--Wag--

I like the "New Posts" function, I think a "Smack shack" category would take us in a direction we haven't gone yet. I think that there are plenty of other bike/busa related sites where that is acceptable/encouraged, I think it would alienate many of the people who are here. I can cuss and denigrate with the best of 'em, i just don't think this is the board for it....
The search function could be more user friendly, and please include a spell check for the posts that actually works....

I may be wrong, but I think there are too many categories. I almost never see most of them because they are buried in other subcategories. I usually just go to bike section and try to catch up on new stuff, but it seems not much gets posted there because stuff is all over the place.

Cache, one thing that I was thinking of, is that there are a lot of DoD/government people on the site.  Would it be possible to get a DoD/government forum to discuss changes in requirements i.e. insurance, ppe, safety courses, etc.?

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: "no spelng scilz!"|1122751542 -->

Im happy with the board as it is! ...and I dont really think that there is a necessity to start a liter bike forum on this board...but if thats what you wanna do cache, I dont think there is anythig wrong in having one.
smile.gif

I don't care for the idea of a litre bike section.  My perception is that this will only lead to unwanted comparisons of the Busa and Litre bikes.  To me its aggrivating to to be reading a post entitled something along the lines of "busa maintanence problems" and all of the sudden I am reading about how much more reliable someone's 05 ZX-10 is than the Busa.  
and having a litre bike forum would not benefit you HOW??~~

you would be IN the litre bike forum looking for your busa solutions?

what you said you don't want to see is EXactly the purpose of having such a forum........

can you hear me now??
I guess what I am trying to say is that having a litre bike forum will bring riders that have never owned or planning to own a busa to the board.  Having that forum will create a reason for non busa owners to join.  

I know I am fumbling on my words here trying to bring my opinion across but what I am trying to get across is that opening the door to other types of bikes will inherently take away from what I perceived as the reasoning this site is named Hayabusa.org.

Don't get me wrong, I do not think its wrong to include a litre bike catagory or such.  I just think it will change the purpose of the site.

But as far as changes period, I think this is a awsome site already.  It has been run exellently and I always find what I am looking for and enjoy the interaction with other members.

<!--EDIT|wizeguy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122767909 -->

Yep.. what cache-ious clay suggested about the search button helps immensely..

search topic titles only..

the only problem is when people (think rubbah) put something like

"this will have some bearing on your bike" or something like that..

i put 'wheel bearing'

and it competely misses it because it doesn't say wheel... I guess if you just searched for bearing.. but eh.. I blame rubbah

Back