HAYABUSA.ORG FORUM CHANGES...

cache

Banned
For those of you that have not been here very long, it has been about 2 years since we tried to make the forum choices and format more appealing to everyone.

1st off, I am not exactly content with the current layout. I'm not talking about the way the board looks.... I'm talking about the forum sections, the categories, the way that all of you click around to get to where you want to go....

I am ready to experiment again with forum and category titles, topics, order, etc. It is something that cannot be taken lightly, since alot of members are 'used' to the way things are, and sometimes change is not welcome.

All things considered, the board is not the same as it was member-wise two years ago. Times change, and we need to make a change too.
I am not talking about everyone having to fumble around to find what the heck they were tracking last week. I am talking about the fact that there are more members viewing "general" forum at any given time than somewhere else, and not the other... if you catch my drift.

Sooooo..... Just like when I did mapping with Captain a couple years ago, I want your ideas.

RULES!!!!!!!

1) NOT ALL IDEAS, IN FACT NONE MAYBE, WILL BE USED

2) I AM GOING TO INTRODUCE A LITRE BIKE FORUM (and I will make a complaint section for those of you that oppose)

3) I WILL NOT MAKE A "MEMBERS ONLY" OR V.I.P. SECTION

4) *INSERT BOLD TYPE HERE* I HAVE THE FINAL DECISION IN ALL OF THIS!

I may not change anything! But, lets get this going, and see what kind of ideas you all have.........

P.S. - I like the current format, and would appreciate comments to improve on what we already have..... I am not creating a new message board here!

cache.

"All things considered, the board is not the same as it was member-wise two years ago. Times change, and we need to make a change too." What ever you decide, I'm happy with Chris,Maybe some color or something to brighten it up a bit,what do you think?
rock.gif

I like the General bike related topics because it gets alot of action. I rarely visit other areas, though if there were
fewer options I might be more prone to visiting other areas more often.

Oh, I also like the Classified area..I do visit that area quite a bit.

I dont have any specific ideas except id like to see fewer options for topics and id like to see a liter bike only area
but everything all in one place like the Hayabusa General topics area.

Lastly , maybe make me a moderator so I can push everyone around, I promise I will abuse the position as much as possible.
biggrin.gif

"All things considered, the board is not the same as it was member-wise two years ago. Times change, and we need to make a change too." What ever you decide, I'm happy with    Chris,Maybe some color or something to brighten it up a bit,what do you think?      
rock.gif
Brighten it? Good god, my eyes are shot from looking at the bright white and grey!

I like darker colors like Gixxer.com and Sportbikes.net

I think we should have a room that we can cam with each other.....that would be cool....and voice......what ya think
biggrin.gif

1. skin / cosmetic change
2. member search by alphabet
3. Ability to send pics/attachments through the PM system if possible
Whatever else you think is necessary to do or ignore great!
smile.gif

functionality? I think it's alright the way it is so far....

The forum locations are fine...
The topic trackers are fine
pulldown menu (to jump to different forums) at the bottom of each forum are fine

not too much trouble from me on this end...it just takes a little bit of effort to get used to the format of the forum, but once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze.

My only real problem (aside from hair follicles in eternal hyper-drive) is the search function. I've been here for 2 years already...and I still haven't figured the damn thing out.
rock.gif
Mebbe it's just me, but for the life of me, I can't figure out the search function 10 ways from Sunday.

Another idea would be a new forum....or the changing up of a current one.

I'm thinking of something like a FAQ forum...with a damned link on top so that the newer folks can see it and review it before posting a new "What's a TRE?" post.

The FAQ forum can also have split sections...one for "Board Specific" FAQs and another for "Bike Specific" FAQs.

As for the litrebike forum, I guess it'll be alright....but I'm not that keen on it. I mean, most of us have Busas. I don't know just HOW much help/info we can provide on the litrebike section.

Just my thoughts, Cache-meister....
wink.gif

Chris -

What about a special section that would be no holds barred.

All users that want access to this would have to provide proof of age and maybe even throw in another pre-req that you have to have lets say 2500 posts under your belt.

But once they have access to the forum (logon required) any subject would not be off limits. Any type of pictures could be posted.

You could also have a disclaimer up front that the forum is NOT work safe, it should only be viewed on personal computers, and should be done so with only adults present.

Just an idea, don’t beat up on me for it…
biggrin.gif

I personally don’t have a problem with a Litre bike forum.

For one we do kind of come off as elitists sometimes and tend to think other bikes are less than ours.

When it is really just a matter of different strokes for different folks.

I have seen more and more of a trend of riders on this board GOING to litre bikes, or at least getting litre bikes as a second bike to use for track.

I for one plan on doing that in the future. Busa for the street, litre for the track.

So I think it is a good idea (or at least not a bad one) to have a litre bike section

im not gonna do a forum with "anything goes photos"

go to labusas for that.

maybe a smack shack type forum, adult-oriented language, but that is a stretch.

Everybody, don't get me wrong,.... I got a filthy mouth when it comes to talkin. I was not raised by young folk. However, I do have the utmost respect for the human race and that includes intelligent conversation.

TrashyFox, your suggestions have been absorbed.....

next.
all_coholic.gif

thrasherfox
Hayabusa Immortal

Group: Forum Moderator
Avg posts/day:5.12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I personally don’t have a problem with a Litre bike forum.

For one we do kind of come off as elitists sometimes and tend to think other bikes are less than ours.

When it is really just a matter of different strokes for different folks.

I have seen more and more of a trend of riders on this board GOING to litre bikes, or at least getting litre bikes as a second bike to use for track.

I for one plan on doing that in the future. Busa for the street, litre for the track.

So I think it is a good idea (or at least not a bad one) to have a litre bike section
[/QUOTE]

I hate to say it but  
iamwithstupid.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Speaking from experience, making the 'Search' button easier to find.

I had all but given up when I finally noticed it. And reading several posts lately, I'm not the only one who had that problem.
wink.gif

Back