Banned from R6 Forum

jeffmoto72

Registered
Hello, I got to this forum follwing a link to a thread about the R6 forum and its rude members. I ride an 07 R6, I love all bikes sport and dirt...anyway I am a small frame dude so I got the 600, I have had 750s and 500s too but at 5'8" and 135 lbs the 6 suites me. Well I joined the R6 forum to talk bikes with and share tech tips and whatever...I posted a thread about winter temps and what different people consider to be too cold to enjoy riding. I am from Texas and so my cutoff is considered fairly warm for folks in the north. Well I was bashed and called names by several members. I had a pic of me riding in a tee shirt and was mowed for it, even though I don't race or stunt and it was 100F that day with 90% humidity. I admit, I attempted to defend myself against an army of angry gear nazis. But I was the one who was banned? I will never post on this crazy forum ever again. My post was called winter blues and anyone (who is not banned) can go read for themselves, I have an attitude when prevoked..:banghead:

we all should wear gear. it gets in the 100+ temps here too. i wear a mesh jacket during the hottest part of the year.

what u wear is ur own choice, sometimes i ride with jacket, boots and full face helmet, and other times i wear a wifebeater and a half shell.. just be safe and know if something does go wrong it was ur choice on what u wore and btw :welcome:

I'm no saint when it comes to wearing full gear either, however, I do always wear a helmet and jeans. I won't condone anyone that chooses to ride how they want because in the end, it's them wearing/not wearing the gear.

I had a pic of me riding in a tee shirt and was mowed for it

Sorry, dude, but I have to admit that I too would probably flame you for that.
There are a lot of us who hate seeing bikers without proper protective gear. - Quality, mesh jackets are not expensive, so there is no excuse for you to not wear one. I live in a part of Australia where the summer temperature can hit >105ºF but I still wear a jacket.
If you don't want to be labelled a "squid", don't tell anyone that you dress inappropriately. Just ask StwBusa about his "no helmet" thread...

(What is it with Texans and not wearing the right gear?)

These days I'm usually leathered up pretty good, or at least jacket, boots, helmet, etc...however I am a firm believer in PRO CHOICE~!!~

Hate to see anyone get bashed up or injured, but as long as a person can make their own edjucated decision then it's theirs to make, not anyone elses...

You probably won't get bashed on but you will definitely be called a squid. I use to ride in minimal gear but after seeing pics and hearing stories on here I really can't do it without feeling uneasy anymore, but it does feel great.

All that being said :welcome: to the org, now get off that toy you call a bike and get a real motorcycle. Your not much smaller than me I am 5'9" and 190 lbs . . . . well your probably skinnier than me :poke: :(

You probably won't get bashed on but you will definitely be called a squid.

All that being said :welcome: to the org, now get off that toy you call a bike and get a real motorcycle. Your not much smaller than me I am 5'9" and 190 lbs . . . . well your probably skinnier than me :poke: :(

yup... wont bash to much about what u choose to wear but the bashing of the r6 is all day.. :whistle: (my last 2 bikes was r6's so i think i qualify to talk bout them) even thought r6 is a great bike... u need a real cadilac with the heart filled with steroids

Hello, I got to this forum follwing a link to a thread about the R6 forum and its rude members. I ride an 07 R6, I love all bikes sport and dirt...anyway I am a small frame dude so I got the 600, I have had 750s and 500s too but at 5'8" and 135 lbs the 6 suites me. Well I joined the R6 forum to talk bikes with and share tech tips and whatever...I posted a thread about winter temps and what different people consider to be too cold to enjoy riding. I am from Texas and so my cutoff is considered fairly warm for folks in the north. Well I was bashed and called names by several members. I had a pic of me riding in a tee shirt and was mowed for it, even though I don't race or stunt and it was 100F that day with 90% humidity. I admit, I attempted to defend myself against an army of angry gear nazis. But I was the one who was banned? I will never post on this crazy forum ever again. My post was called winter blues and anyone (who is not banned) can go read for themselves, I have an attitude when prevoked..:banghead:

I got banned on the biggest Harley forum within a couple of days, because someone posted, then posted again two minutes later and told me he did 250miles since his last post. I commented "I'm impressed, 250 miles in 2 minutes, you must have some major mods on your Harley." That was it, banned for life, branded as a TROLL!!! I thought that was funny, they obviously did not. Who cares?

Got on the Gixxer forum a few days ago, asking track questions and a few posters really tried to run me down. This time I just ignored the bad posters and maintained high ground. Some good track info there, don't want to be booted.

The Org. is a good place, well managed. Some of the other forums, as a noob you have to just eat it, or pack ya bags and go somewhere else.

:welcome: we have plenty of gear Nazi's here. I am one but I also think you should ride your ride how you feel. Some of the language used to bash you would get someone banned here but so will retaliation with the same choice of words will probably have you joining them. :laugh:

again :welcome: read the :rulez: and enjoy :thumbsup: This is a hayabusa forum but we love all bikes :beerchug:

Sorry, dude, but I have to admit that I too would probably flame you for that.
There are a lot of us who hate seeing bikers without proper protective gear. - Quality, mesh jackets are not expensive, so there is no excuse for you to not wear one. I live in a part of Australia where the summer temperature can hit >105ºF but I still wear a jacket.
If you don't want to be labelled a "squid", don't tell anyone that you dress inappropriately. Just ask StwBusa about his "no helmet" thread...

(What is it with Texans and not wearing the right gear?)

Gotta love this place :laugh:

What's an R6? Had to look it up with Google. Apparently it's one of those imported chinese pit bike scooters things, you know, 50cc chainsaw engine or something like that. At least that's what it looked like to me.

(LOL :rofl: :laugh::whistle:)

Back