HAYABUSA.ORG FORUM CHANGES...

a newbie section ..and a " tie-in " ..to the ( TRE ) n (Octane ).. threads
laugh.gif
.. n btw Cache ..its a great site ..compared to "others".

Thoughts and Suggestions:

1)  'General Bike' should stand alone as it generates the most volume (13,500 topics or so).

2)  'Random Thoughts' and 'Other Forums' can easily be combined since so many cross topics already exist in both.

3)  'Top Speed', 'Turbo', '1/4 Mile', 'Twisties' and 'Racing Tech' seems almost redundant.  Maybe these can be combined in one "Performance" forum.

4)  'Tech' should not include 'New Owners FAQ' in my opinion since 'New Owners FAQ' isn't really tech.

5)   'New Owners FAQ' should be a stand alone forum at the very top of the list and could contain all the lovely sorts of 'TRE' questions.

6)  'Products and Classifieds' also seems well organized.  Leave it be.

7)  A hostile issues room is not a good idea - in fact it's a lousy idea.

8)  A Liter bike forum will quite likely bring in all sorts of riff raff 'garbage' newbies and give Rubbah apoplexy.

9)  I must be some sort of fricken genius because I've never had a problem using the 'search' function.
+1
+2

..buttom line though is the ruler of this world has the final say... an not matter the changes I'll still be wondering round..
smile.gif

Our board over here (www.hayabusa.de) has a button to skip to the first unread post in a thread you have already read - it only works (obviously) if you're logged on, but it saves some clicking... Might be nice, if the board software supports it... Kicks up the database req's a little, I can imagine...

Our board over here (www.hayabusa.de) has a button to skip to the first unread post in a thread you have already read - it only works (obviously) if you're logged on, but it saves some clicking... Might be nice, if the board software supports it... Kicks up the database req's a little, I can imagine...
this one has that function too.

go into any forum, and click the orange icon:

FORUM.JPG

Leave it alone- it ain't broke. Also, this isn't a liter bike board, not like they can't post here anyway. I'm buying a liter bike but keeping my Busa. I know I can seek advice here regarding it, but there are plenty of other sources out there for 1K's. My .02

said before, improve the search feature with advance option like seach topic started by with a pull down of all the user in alphabetical order.

Have access of a list os all the member that can be sorted by joined date, number of replies, number of tread started, number of treat ended (I'll probably on top of the list), alphabetical order etc.

On top of our avatar, it would be nice to be able to have a pic of us in our profile.

I don't think the liter bike forum has it's place on this board.

I am with Trasherfox with a section where anything goes.

rock.gif

this one has that function too.

go into any forum, and click the orange icon:
How come I don't see that icon, is it because I am using Mozilla as my browser?

I am very new to this site so i understand if my opinion is treated that way. First off, this site rocks. It took me allitle time to find everything but then smooth sailing.
1. The FAQ section is a great idea. A good place to post stickies that new guys like me ask.
2. Maybe a readers rides section so we can all show off our busa's.
3. A litre bike forum would be okay but, I could see that getting into a "my 1k is better than that big busa of yours" section. We all have a unique machine and our site should be for us.
Just my $.02 for what it is worth.

I like all of the ideas... some more than others.

I will start mapping things out on paper tonite after I cool off.....
mad.gif

thanks everyone!
smile.gif

Back