• keep hayabusa

Votes: 233 84.4%
  • get bmw s1000rr

Votes: 37 13.4%
  • get other

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Also, that engine is maxed out, you can't get much more without major engine mods."

Actually, I have been told that the motor is capable of a good deal more peak hp and even higher rpm. I agree with Dozerdriver about stertching the bmer into a drag bike. It's not natural. It's a hot track bike right now and modding it to do track duty makes a lot more sense than trying to make it a drag or LSR bike. Why not wait a couple years and buy a used one??? You know damned well a lot of the owners will be old farts looking for one last hurrah and finding they don'y have near the balls to ever come close to abusing that bike.

Man keep the busa see u at kennedale sunday. This Matt I had the orange black busa. Why not just do a 1441 with head cam? Are a stage 1 with valve spring and base spacer?

whats up matt ? power isnt the problem with my bike its how short it is and using it ...im just looking for something thats gonna be the next great thing you should come out to high five cycles tomorrow night around 8 we went out to the fair grounds last week and did a bunch of racing no problems

yes the BMW is certaintly a monster and definately fast at the track, but do you really want to go with the new upcoming fad, you can be just as fast on the busa, which is by the way beautiful, good job on it, off-course im gonna say keep the Busa bro....

if i decide to keep it, it is far from done im thinking about making it longer and putting a different motor set up in it less streetable if you know what i meen but who knows theres just something about the bmw i like

I don't know what you do at what kind of track but there's no way any liter bike is going to match the all around street performance of your busa....and I am talking about sport riding on the street too. Hang on to the busa unless it is necessary to finance the next bike. Your busa is in a class by itself.

Wait and see what kind of aftershock the Japanese send out in 2011. I am already hearing the 2011 ZX-10 is going to stomp the bimmer. If the busa and ZX-14 are going to stay in the lineup, they will also get some improvements. Never buy in on anything in it's first year of production. It is likely to get updates not to mention possibly getting completely shut out by the next "fastest" new bike to get dangled under our noses.

The smartest thing you can do IMHO, is be happy with what was. Staying current on the fastest is a losing proposition. You're much better able to pick after you know all the facts and by that time, there is something faster.

Why bother with the cutting edge? How much difference will it make anyway?? I went a bike gathering tonight. About a hundred 600 cc sportbikes and every single one had huge chicken strips. Even one S1000 with no side rubber used at all. My ZX-14 was the fastest track bike there because I'm the guy riding it. Don't put too much stock in the newest and the best. It's all ego if you aren't rider enough to use every bit of it--and how many of us are that good??
Well said, but I would get the BMW for the twisties, only now I find out that the beemer would need stiffer springs for my 210lbs. WTF!

i dont know your experience drag racing 1000cc bikes but i have done a lot of it and am now a member on here because i am switching sides to busas

1000cc bikes be it turbo bikes or na bikes are a pain to drag but much lighter its a hit and miss type of thing if you are over 160lbs stay off of 1000cc bikes for drag racing they do not have the tq to get good 60ft and 330 ft times like the larger bikes do

i land speed race and drag race as well and im switching cause i weigh 190 lb and cant get my 60ft under what i want it too if i weighed 130lb i would have just sold my 1k and bought a 09 busa cause now im deep in a turbo build and my wife wants a new car and a trip to disney for the kids blah blah who cares but i couldnt get it done on a 1k but if your not happy with your bike it will drive you crazy trust me i know

now not saying there arnt extreme examples like some gsxr1000 bikes or some zx10 bikes ( ricky bobby) running 5.30s in the 1/8th all motor but these are grudge bikes not somthing you would run on the street and there riders dont

heres ricky bobby

Rickybobby.jpg

keep the busa, its nicer, easy to work on, lots of aftermarket parts. look at brocks busa, ran 8.57 stock motor.100 pounds heavier.

BP09PosterHeatherV3_700.jpg

keep the busa, its nicer, easy to work on, lots of aftermarket parts. look at brocks busa, ran 8.57 stock motor.100 pounds heavier.
192634d1277395616-hayabusa-bmw-bp09posterheatherv3_700.jpg

Come on now, what busa are you talking about? Its BUSA or BMW thead. All I see is a breathtaking woman. :laugh:

so what drag race class is this going to be for? 1/4 or 1/8? You can mod the hell out of a busa. Lots of parts, knowledge, etc. The BMW doesn't have that yet.

I love the look of the BMW:thumbsup: but I agree with Commuta. There's loads of advice for touring (and not tuning) on the BMW bike forum, that says it all to me!

Good luck with your choice, your bike looks good and like you have a lot of time and money invested.

Wow...I didn't think it was possible to take my favorite bike out there right now (the Beemer) and make it look that friggin' fugly :sadlike:

I can't imagine taking such a well balanced track machine and stretching it out like that. But then again...to each there own.

That being said, I will say I LOVE that blue tinted Brocks CT can!

whats the fastest you've run on the busa?

basically, the rider is more important then the bike underneath him.

Back