• get bmw s1000rr

Votes: 37 13.4%
  • get other

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gunn4hyr

Registered
im thinking about selling my gen2 busa and getting a bmw s1000rr here are some pics of my bike and some pics of what i would set the bmw up like so what do you guys think?

photo_2_2_2-1.jpg

photo_2-3.jpg

photo_2_2.jpg

and now the bmw but theres no chance i would buy it in this pee green color only in the black

BMW_S1000RR.jpg

BMW_S1000RR_front.jpg

BMW_S1000RR_rear.jpg

bmw-s-1000-rr.jpg

First of all - Kudo's on the full stretch of the tail too!
I have always hated the over lengthened swing-arm and tail too short.

Second - That has to be the Ugliest BMW I have ever seen.

Third - if you are drag tracking these bikes, recall how long the Bus has been dominate at the track!

But that's just my 2.
Bubba

thats exactly the problem the busa is a monster but these bmw are sneaky they have more stock horsepower and are close to 175lbs lighter and we all know what that means when it comes to racing..."You got knocked the f**k out " im really tossed on this one oh and thanks for the compliment on the bike

ok guys i can see that people are reading the post but im looking for input so please post your opinion and why

I would say that you are going to be tuff to beat the lowend of the busa for your 60ft times if your just tracking it. I thought the busa still held the record for 0-100 in 4.99. According to that big 0-180-0 test they had. Just saying... I personally think the bmr is a sexy bike, but the busa is a sexy beast!!! :bowdown:

Sounds like a tough one. A friend of mine was there when the BM'er ran an 8.49, he's a huge Busa guy, but he took notice. I would keep the Busa cause it's paid for, you know the bike, you already have it and is the BM'er really a "drag" bike.? Best wishes with your decision.

Why compare the Busa to the Bemmer, they are 2 different style of bikes? I have a chance to get the Bemmer instead I chose the Busa.

I really liked the BM until the other day when I actually saw it in the flesh and it is really really plastic looking - was quite dissapoited really - and as ZJ said - 2 different bikes, buy the one you want to ride not what we think jeeze does it really matter what everybody else thinks about you??

How much do you weight and do you live at the dragstrip...?

Any word on how the clutches hold up on the BMW...?

It may have more power stock but it doesn't have NEAR the aftermarket support as the BUSA. Not to mention they are still very new so you are going to be doing your own R&D for times, parts, setup, etc..

If you are basing your decision off what the bike ran with Ryan on it, I would say heck no! Put those same mods on a BUSA and it will go faster than 8.49. The BUSA has gone 8's at stock wheelbase (stock motor), I still don't think they've done that with the S1000RR (and in SS trim even).

You might want to check the weight also, it's closer to 100lbs. lighter not 175.

Also think about cost, you are talking almost $25k+ for that setup. Do you realize what your BUSA will do for that amount...?

I like the BMW and would Add it to my Collection some day. But the BUSA is and Allways will Be KING !!!!!!!!!! My Buell is alot More Fun than the Busa in the Twisties. The 109 is just a Balls to the Wall Cruiser. Get Both but don't Stretch it. :thumbsup:

Why compare the Busa to the Bemmer, they are 2 different style of bikes? I have a chance to get the Bemmer instead I chose the Busa.

I don't know what you do at what kind of track but there's no way any liter bike is going to match the all around street performance of your busa....and I am talking about sport riding on the street too. Hang on to the busa unless it is necessary to finance the next bike. Your busa is in a class by itself.

Wait and see what kind of aftershock the Japanese send out in 2011. I am already hearing the 2011 ZX-10 is going to stomp the bimmer. If the busa and ZX-14 are going to stay in the lineup, they will also get some improvements. Never buy in on anything in it's first year of production. It is likely to get updates not to mention possibly getting completely shut out by the next "fastest" new bike to get dangled under our noses.

The smartest thing you can do IMHO, is be happy with what was. Staying current on the fastest is a losing proposition. You're much better able to pick after you know all the facts and by that time, there is something faster.

Why bother with the cutting edge? How much difference will it make anyway?? I went a bike gathering tonight. About a hundred 600 cc sportbikes and every single one had huge chicken strips. Even one S1000 with no side rubber used at all. My ZX-14 was the fastest track bike there because I'm the guy riding it. Don't put too much stock in the newest and the best. It's all ego if you aren't rider enough to use every bit of it--and how many of us are that good??

i will say i am very interested to see what the big four meaning honda, suzuki ,kawasaki,and yamaha have planned for next year but something tells me that this bmw is gonna be the top dog for a while...i know that bmw has given several top drag racing teams, bikes to run and test brock hired shine to ride his

the bmw is a nice bike. but....
Your busa already has a nice start to it. You are going to lose alot of money selling the busa, buying the bmw, and doing all of the modifications to it. Spend half the money you will getting the bmw and building it on your busa. Much faster and nicer bike for alot less money.
You will get less then $10,000 for your busa and spend well over $20,000 on buying and moding the bmw. retail on all of the stuff done to that bmw is over $10,000 not includeing labor, plus $15,000 or so for the bike is $25,000 as that bmw sits. hell.... you can by a prett nice used prostreet busa that is capable of runing really low 7's and close to 200mph for the price of building that bmw with a stock motor.

if money doesn't matter and you want to buy and build a bmw just to be different then go for it.

Back