BMW K1300S Vs 2011 Busa

joebuf1

Registered
I just bought a 2011 Busa, and love it. I also own a 2010 K1300S, which seemed fast before I bought the Busa. Don't get me wrong, the BMW is really nice, and "fast," but not Busa fast. I've put 1K miles on the Busa now and can say that BMW, while they make a great bike, should stop comparing the K1300S to the Busa. The BMW now feels like a fast sport-tourer when I ride it. It handles great, is responsive and comfortable, but the Suzuki motor is SOOO much stronger. The BMW is silly fast compared to other sport-tourers (I rode a Triumph, Honda, and Yamaha before I bought it), but not compared to the Suzuki.

Oh, AND the Busa was 4K cheaper than the BMW. When I want to relax, I'll ride the BMW. But for anybody that has read the "comparisons" between the two bikes, take it from a guy that put 10K miles on a BMW and 1K miles on a Busa... there is no comparison. In my opinion, they're two different kinds of bikes entirely. You have to wring the BMW's neck to really get into the power, but the Busa is effortless.

Oh, and thanks to my buddy Rickey in AZ who took it easy on me back when I bought the K1300S in 2009. He owns an '08 Busa and was kind enough to let me think the BMW was fast when we rode together.

:welcome: to the ORG. :cheerleader: and thanks for the review. :thumbsup:

not much compares to the almighty Hayabusa!
it is a great drag/track/around town/ tour bike.
i tour alot on my Busa. :beerchug:

Thanks for the report :thumbsup:

What's your thoughts on the handling differences? Most comps I have seen say the Busa is way better in the twisties - and my friend that has a k13 says the same.

What's your thoughts on the handling differences? Most comps I have seen say the Busa is way better in the twisties - and my friend that has a k13 says the same.

I borrowed a K1300S from Southport Superbikes in England and had it for a day.
There was no comparison with the Busa in the twistys, the BMW mixture is defo. more tour than sports.

Best regards Stretch.

I borrowed a K1300S from Southport Superbikes in England and had it for a day.
There was no comparison with the Busa in the twistys, the BMW mixture is defo. more tour than sports.

Best regards Stretch.

Thanks - I was talking to my local dealer, and apparently there will be a new k13s next year that will have some big improvements. Not a lot of info yet though.

The Busa is handled differently than the BMW. If you're riding at a "spirited" street pace through twisty mountain roads, both bikes are pretty good. But the Busa nudges out the K1300S as soon as you start getting aggressive. The Busa's center of gravity isn't as neutral as the BMW, so it really wants to dive into corners. You have to coax the BMW down. But the Busa wins for handling, in my opinion.

The Busa is handled differently than the BMW. If you're riding at a "spirited" street pace through twisty mountain roads, both bikes are pretty good. But the Busa nudges out the K1300S as soon as you start getting aggressive. The Busa's center of gravity isn't as neutral as the BMW, so it really wants to dive into corners. You have to coax the BMW down. But the Busa wins for handling, in my opinion.

+1 I have a test bend, that I have used for years in my locality, its a long fast sweeping bend that almost in the end tightens up into a U bend, the BM was alright initially but when the bend started to tighten up the time when you are wanting to use the very edge of the tyre, then I found I was having to force the BM against its will into that final curve, whilst my Gen 1 and my new Gen 2 Busa's have no problems whatsoever.
The BMW on the other hand on the straights is absolutely rock solid, after the bends experience, when on the straights I tried to force the BM to weave in a straight line, it was rock solid like rampaging Tiger Tank!!!
Just my experience from a day out, like I said in my previous post the geometry is definitely more tour oriented than sports oriented.

Best regards Stretch.

Thanks very much for the comparison.

I actually sat on a K1300S today. It is very comfortable...the ergos are much more relaxed than the Bus.

Back