Got Stopped last night. DO NOT RUN

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
Well I sort of got pulled over last night by a Deputy. I left the gas station on to the state highway behind a CBR 1K. As I caught up to him he opened it up. About a mile down the road we caught the cars ahead of us and the red light. Mind you this is a 2 lane state road at this point. The car in front of us took off at the green and then started mashing his brakes on and off. We back off a fairly good ways from this Azzhat. The road opens up to 4 lanes. The CBR takes off across the double yellow (But not into on coming) I follow. I have more take off than him and pass him. As the white Crown Vic coming at me passes with us doing 120 in a 55, I notice the Safety shield between the front and rear seats. I think to myself this is not good. I check the mirrors and see the brake lights. I get up to the next intersection about 300 yards ahead (My turn any ways) and make the left and pull over at the first safe spot and wait. The deputy turns the corner sees me and STOPS. He then continues up to me and stops next to me. I have the bike shut down, helmet off, and DL out for him. He says " Riding a little hard back there weren't you?" I replied "Yes, sir I was riding a little aggressively, the guy in front of us kept mashing his brakes and I just wanted to get away from as fast as possible." He finally takes my DL and tells me the best thing to do is just back off and stay away from guys like that, What are you going to do when you get in front of him, have him run you over. I said with a laugh that he would never be able to catch me to run me over. I then told him that "Yes I had a lack of judgment in the desicion I made to ride like that" He hand my DL back without even looking at it and told me to just be safe and slow it down a bit and have a good night. I thanked him and went on my way.

So there is a lot to be said about not running and admit when you did something wrong and got caught.

Sorry this is so long, but if it keeps one person from running and ending up dead because of it, then it was worth writing and you folks reading this.
Ride safe.

Good job dog, sometimes they are cool peeps and understand, sometimes they can be real azzholes depends on te day and circumstance bro! Glad everything turned out ok though:thumbsup:

Smart man.

If you're going to play, you must be prepared to pay.

Well done, and thanks for sharing this story, bro. :beerchug:

A little respect goes a looooong way. It's probably a very novel day for them if someone actually admits they did something wrong instead of arguing and cursing at them.

LEO's are just doing their jobs. A vast majority of them are good people just trying to make things safer for the rest of us and they get treated terribly by so many. It's a thankless job, not to mention dangerous.

If you run you only go to jail tired :rofl: :rofl: Hey don't bash me for it, it's the :rulez:

Now I'm sure someone will take that wrong as it is hard to convey sarcasm with a keyboard. Sounds like a well deserved break to me as that is how I ride. I ride to stay away from pockets of traffic, constantly adjusting speed to stay away from guys who ride CBR's as well as cages. Way to go, attitude and honesty will take you a long way more times than not.

Thats a great story. I ran one time(when I was younger) and it was dangerous. I matured and realized that running is not a wise choice AT ALL. First of all you are definetely going to jail and second it will be a long time before you ride again. GOOD CHOICE:cheerleader:
Ant

I have been asked to post pictures of the other reason for the Agrresive riding. So her she is.
Thanks Lycan you ho':rofl:

100_1298.jpg

100_1294.jpg

100_1297.jpg

Fire on his bagger.jpg

Last edited:
Dang..someone's got my gangster monkey....wassup with that!? I couldnt make it work as my avatar again after tha change!

Shennanigans!!!!!!!!!!!!!???:rulez:

Ok bro..I will take up your cause with the Queen and commitee...and I agree with you on that one:rofl:

I find most of time as long as you pull over they are just greatful you did and let you go...now i live in wv too so lil more easy out here

great story and glad it worked out for you. i wonder if the guy mashing his brakes continuesly was doing it to warn you that a leo was up ahead. i tap mine or flash my lights all the time to save someone a ticket. just my .02

u were gonna shid ur pants and you know it, i think you pulled a Chris ( 99' busa ) and gave him a huge hug so he wouldn't write you a ticket :laugh:

j/k , great to hear a great story like this :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

great story and glad it worked out for you. i wonder if the guy mashing his brakes continuesly was doing it to warn you that a leo was up ahead. i tap mine or flash my lights all the time to save someone a ticket. just my .02

No there was no way he saw the unmarked coming at us almost 2 miles up the road.

u were gonna shid ur pants and you know it, i think you pulled a Chris ( 99' busa ) and gave him a huge hug so he wouldn't write you a ticket :laugh:

j/k , great to hear a great story like this :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

He wouldn't get out of the car so I could hug him. He had heard about Chris and knew that I knew Chris.:rofl::whistle:

Back