1st time bike night last night

Yes, i have a Good group i ride with when it's safe we blaze a little, but no squids. most of us parents, me and 1 other have Busa's the rest have liter bikes. like i say we ride hard when it's safe, but no stupid ####. the few times we did get a squid or 2, we bounced them and asked them to ride that way with another group. we hit some of the "Bike night spots", but pretty much do our own thing.

Exactly why I don't do group rides or bike nights ! There are just too many Brick Heads
face7.gif
looking for a place to meet MR.
grim.gif
for me
wink.gif
+1

See, Thats why its great to be me!
Lone wolf Dawm Patrol (even if its at noon)
I ride too fast & crazy for the slow guys.
cool.gif

I ride too slow & sedate for the fast guys.
wow.gif

I ride too sane @ two wheels down for the squids.
super.gif

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1446"|1151128716 -->

Hey my friend, great post. I was lucky enough to meet some really nice people here at the first bike night held at this local dealership. Just fate I guess but the first person I rolled up on was an man in his early 40's, like myself, who turns out owning an 05' black and red busa, go figure. bottom line is the group went for a ride that night and invited me to go. They discussed the route in detail before we left, made the first stop the gas station along with a little bs session and then the ride. Every couple of different highways they turned onto the lead bikes would stop and wait for everyone to catch up. Usually they would do a quick head count to make sure everyone was accounted for which was good because one girl stalled her ninja and it took a few minutes to get it going again. No problem because just up the road they were waiting for us. Needless to say these people have become friends of mine and we hang out and go on rides whenever we can get together. Funny thing is that most of them are under 28 years of age. Like I've said in the past it takes maturity not age to keep yourself comming home every night.
Good job on doing your own thing. Like revlis said, keep looking and you will find the right group. They are probably looking for you as well.
Take Care...

HRJR said it, it's maturity. I'm 25, no wife, no kids and don't ride like an azz hol. But in MOST cases it does come with age.

I think it is great taht you went your own way. I have a small group that does a bike night but not in that manner. Usually about 5 or 6 of us just cruise out to a local restaurant and have dinner then we do a mild cruise around our local area.

But one thing I did notice in your post and it bothered me, is you insulted the premier class of racing and associated it with these A$$clowns.

Motogp deserves more respect than this.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

your right about motogp. i was just trying to emphasize how fast these clowns were going. im talking nothing under 70 in 40-45 zones. on the interstate forget it, 120-140. this was a group of between 30-40 bikes. if a light turned red it ment nothing. except to me. btw i love motogp & ama racing. but not on public streets.:)

<!--EDIT|saygbye
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151180070 -->

I like to go to some of the bike nights to look at the bikes, but I ride to and back by myself. I'm lucky I have a core of riders I feel very comfortable riding with like my son GSXTacy, OMSLAW, POPS ROOS. Also had some great rides with WWJD.fstbusa and the Iowa guys in a large group. We always have a meeting before the ride and discuss gound rules and expectations for the ride. I think that is important and will let squids know that it may not be the ride for them. Just my .02

I met up with a gang like that once a few years ago....they saw me on my busa and asked if I'd come along with them.

I replied.."no thanks...I don't want to be bailed out of jail tonight" and they sped off doing wheelies and going 100+ mph on the suburban streets. Idiots......good call saygbye...

When parents in my neighborhood tell me their kids want a motorcycle or they themselves want a bike....I tell them 4 things will go far in determining your survivability...

reflexes
biking experience
maturity
common sense

If you lack all four.....DO NOT GET ON A BIKE because you will surely die.

You're all a bunch of stuck tight, old phart, panty wastes, that can't wheelie, fear death, afraid of this or that blah blah blah. Get out and live a little! If ya can't wheelie, stoppie, burnout at will, go learn how and then you will have truly earned the right to own a "Sportbike". otherwise, trade it in for a Goldwing if that's the only way you ride. Youth will ALWAYS exist, always be stupid, always drive insurance too high. Deal with it. If ya can't beat them, join them.

* The previous sarcasm was brought to you by Mountian Dew. The caffeinated enhancer of stupidity

we have a decent group of 40+ that are totally sane when riding in a group. but there have been a few squids come and go due to there actions either crashing or being castrated from the group untill they learn how to be respectful.luckily no one has died because of there actions but there have been some pretty bad wipeouts.

You're all a bunch of stuck tight, old phart, panty wastes, that can't wheelie, fear death, afraid of this or that blah blah blah.  Get out and live a little!  If ya can't wheelie, stoppie, burnout at will, go learn how and then you will have truly earned the right to own a "Sportbike".  otherwise, trade it in for a Goldwing if that's the only way you ride.  Youth will ALWAYS exist, always be stupid, always drive insurance too high.  Deal with it.  If ya can't beat them, join them.

* The previous sarcasm was brought to you by Mountian Dew.  The caffeinated enhancer of stupidity
youve convinced me. to he** with getting old. im going out right now on my mid 9 second bike(i didnt say i didnt ride fast at all, just at certain times) to wheelie, stoppie, and burn the back tire off. forget the mountain dew though, i need some jager....and no helmet,flip-flops,shorts and a wife beater
poke.gif

anybody seen my jager.....

<!--EDIT|saygbye
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151532633 -->

lowering_012__Small_.jpg

2 things I don't care for .....Jager and Vols football
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Gamecock fan here !
biggrin.gif

Me too .....grew up in Columbia S.C. --- Home of the Gamecocks ! At least we got a real coach now .

Back