Goldwing! Can you do this on your busa?

Why is it that people with absolutely no talent seem to always want to degrade people who do?

not degrading one bit, I like the pics and I think he is a hell of a rider, but the bike is in the exact same position in all 3 pics, the bike is stationary and resting on the footboards or crashbars. Like I said, not degrading at all, I remeber the other thread when he is on his busa, once again one hell of a rider.

oh, and not to mention the front tire is pointing the wrong way to be in a turn like that

They are pretty agile. I'm not sure about the newer versions of the wing but my 96 wouldn't fall over... it's meant to sit on the bars at a 45 degree angle.

You can drop it to the ground but you have to work at it.

My pegs were constantly ground down to nubs and you can surprise a lot of wannabees with it.

When I rode on the San Diego Gold Angels Goldwing Drill team we used to do some pretty amazing stuff. And yes, you can put it on the steering locks and do a 360 in a parking spot... if you know what you're doing.

I got rid of it after I saw the light and started to ride the canyons and the Wing is just unsafe there.

kudos to the mad skills but i"m not shocked about the "agile goldwing" thing...and?...yes they can...with a solid rider...such as this guy up at the gap called "Yellow Wolf"...who tapes folks riding the gap...on anything...check it out...vman, big ben, myself and a few others rode with yellow wolf at the gap...he came up on us...about 1/2 way through the dragon....then as he passed us one by one?...we tried hanging with'im...to no avail...the dude was slamming that huge checker cab through the curves by thrusting his knees down on the i'm so humbled to say this...) "floorboards".

i managed to keep'im in sight for about 2 minutes...ben was able to shag his azz for about 3 minutes and vman keept'im in sight almost all the way back to the crot...and admitted it was a struggle...but this is "Yellow Wolf" in action....

- deals gap on a goldwing/gl1800 by yellow wolf dragons tail[/url]

and?...yellow wolf enjoys some duc soup...

- Ducati 999s followed/filmed by Yellow Wolf -Deals Gap[/url]

goldwings....kinda puts things in perspective of what the old ratio of..."Bike Performance VS Rider Skills"...thing goes eh?

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think those pics are very real. The tires are turning as you can't really see the tread. In at least one pic he's on the front brake... although I used to use the rear brake on the drill team. That's to power and brake to keep rpm's up and make it easier to do the maneuvers.
And note the grindage on the crash bars. That only happens from doing what he's doing.

I did not intend to doubt the riders skill or the goldwings skill, I apologize, i was simply stating in the above 3 pictures the bike is not in motion

I did not intend to doubt the riders skill or the goldwings skill, I apologize, i was simply stating in the above 3 pictures the bike is not in motion

well, i can honestly say that with a fast camera it will look like it is standing still. photographer friends routinely get pics of people diving and such so...

I took the photos myself and there is nothing staged. I took probably 20 photos and the reason I chose these was the sun was getting low and these were the best photos where the sun was in the proper position to eliminate shadows.

As far as Junior's comments about the bike being parked thus staging the photos, if he had looked at the tire's tread he could have eliminated that thought. If I had any doubts, those thoughts faded away with the comment about the front tire being pointed the wrong way :werd:

The engine guards are ground all the way through. The kick stand has the stop ground off to the point it no longer will hold the bike up and you can see the underbody has been ground off as well.

Greg flops that thing around like it's a moped. Exceptional talent!

Last edited:
well, i can honestly say that with a fast camera it will look like it is standing still. photographer friends routinely get pics of people diving and such so...

ditto...and to prove it?...here's me not long after i got oren...stock exhaust and all..and you can see my valve stems for goodness sake...and that wasn't even a great camera...an 8 year old oly d360...but trust me...i was mov'in...

SEBRING8.jpg

SEBRING10.jpg

SEBRING12.jpg

SEBRING13.jpg

ok Tuf, I retract my previous statements since you are so adimant that it is the real deal way to go greg !!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

No question it can all be done. I forget sometimes when jumping off the Busa and on to the VTX , and go over way further then I should. :O

Mad talent.....true testament to 80% rider 20% bike. No doubt in my mind that is as real as it comes. I had a guy when I took my riding test that came on a full dresser HD and he rode that thing like it was a vespa! Mad skills yo!:bowdown:

Hey Jinks, nobody wants to look at your valve stem for God Sakes! Now maybe if you had a "Tire Iron" you could attract some lookers? :poke:

How the hell you been dude? Don't see you on here much anymore. Are you ready to upgrade to the new O8 yet? Good to see you are still alive and kickin!

ditto...and to prove it?...here's me not long after i got oren...stock exhaust and all..and you can see my valve stems for goodness sake...and that wasn't even a great camera...an 8 year old oly d360...but trust me...i was mov'in...

SEBRING8.jpg

SEBRING10.jpg

SEBRING12.jpg

SEBRING13.jpg

That looks like Sebring area?????? 1/8 of he!! or something like that???

That Goldwing at Deals Gap is Yellow Wolf. I forgot his real name but I've met a guy who's a friend of his.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: i am also a believer. I have seen LEO compete in those obstacle courses against each other and it's quite a site :thumbsup:

This is my friend GregBob. I had no idea the Goldwing was such an agile boat.

Greg definately has skills. Greg actually did his first track day on this Goldwing. Do you suppose the guys who were passed by Greg were thinking "I must still be sleeping? I swear that was a Goldwing" :bowdown:

This is Greg on his busa at a recent track day. I posted this photo up a couple weeks ago. Impressive skills for a short timer.
GregBob1.jpg

I'm impressed this thing don't fall over!
GregBob10-02-08045.jpg

I think Greg has learned how improtant looking through the corner is?
GregBob10-02-08036.jpg

Greg makes right handers look so easy.
GregBob10-02-08031.jpg

Holly hannah, how could that thing fall over, its like it has its own rutters on each side, the way everything sticks out both sides.

Back