New Goldwings

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Well, been down in Florida taking care of my grandparents and trying to get them moved up North near family after a few bad things have happend to them lately on there own and anyway I was working on getting their place sold down here and found someone to buy. Worked on details and then started talking about bikes which seems to happen in most of my conversations. The buyer owns a new goldwing 1800cc. I told him I was going into withdrawls not riding this last week. He let me go for a ride on it. It was impressive. A heck of a lot of pickup and smooth riding. I am not going to go out and trade my Busa or anything, but was easy to ride and was fun. It actually even went through corners pretty well, of course I am in Florida and it is not like their are any real corners but it did pretty well though.

laugh.gif
so ya got to ride the rolling arm chair
beerchug.gif

I could see myself owning a Goldwing. Once my boy gets a little older...I would mind putting him on the back and riding out.

yeah i think when my son gets a little older id like to get a big cruiser like that so we can hit the road together, but ill always keep 2-3 yr old busa in the garage. i like to blast off on my own too much to give it up.
race.gif

Dad just bought a new 06 a few weeks ago.
I rode it once, and it wasn't too bad.
Wouldn't mind to try it out again.

I swapped bikes with an old codger on a '04 GoldWing, last year. I was really impressed. Nothing that big should be that fast. Neutral handling, good power, XM radio
egitarre77.gif
, reverse gear. I almost look foward to getting old.

• Haha
Reactions: pcs
yea agree its always good to have the best of both worlds. i myself have the busa and an 88 HD FLHTC just like a goldwing but alot less gadgets lol. the wife wont touch the busa but loves the HD go figure the lounge chair of the busa pass seat...lol

I'll own one as soon as I grow up, 35 y.o. now so lets see about 75 or so j/k I have always liked the GWS I figure a few more years down the road I'll have one
wink.gif

(ks-waterbug @ Oct. 16 2006,12:41) Torn between the Wing and say St1300, FJ, or even the new 1400 Connie.
This would be easy, if it performs as well as it looks, the NEW KAWI  
eek2.gif
 is the bike
biggrin.gif

I want a goldwing myself. a lot of the guiys I ride with have them. One has a harley ultra, I rode this around a parking lot this past sunday. Felt good but the lot was small and cramped so I couldn't get a good feel for her.

(RCKTMAN @ Oct. 16 2006,04:15) yeah i think when my son gets a little older id like to get a big cruiser like that so we can hit the road together, but ill always keep 2-3 yr old busa in the garage. i like to blast off on my own too much to give it up.
race.gif
+1

(ks-waterbug @ Oct. 16 2006,12:41) Torn between the Wing and say St1300, FJ, or even the new 1400 Connie.
TORN?
rock.gif

There's no Guessing here... The new 1400 Concours is sweet...

Calling it a Connie though as the owners like to do is Goofy...
wink.gif

At the Parts counter I would allways pretend I had NO idea what a "Connie" was...
ices_rofl.gif

Mann, I guess that means we are all getting old. I would have never even thought about one until I rode one. It had really nice pickup and was alot more fun that I thought possible. I am only 32 so I just don't think I could handle being seen on one yet. I think I will give it a few more years.

I took a new '06 for a test ride in June. I was blown away by the 'wing. It rode MUCh better than I expected. Now I'm looking for one (to add to the 'busa) for a cross country trip I'm planning next summer. I think it will be a great cross country touring bike.

Back