Getting a bone stock 09, what should I do first as far as upgrades?

voodoolord

Registered
Im not sure how to do a search for this question so I might as well post it. Im getting my 09 Busa this week and wanted some tips or advice on where to start. I heard that the front brakes sucked. Is this true? Which ECU tuner should I look at or is it necessary at all? Sorry if this is vague but I havent but my butt on the bike yet. Thanks for any tips.

Remove reflectors and mud flap. Then its a free for all. Most change windscreen and exhaust.

Ebc "Extreme Pro" pads make a big difference in stopping power, and ss lines will improve brake feel.
Set the suspension sag!!!! It's free and will make the bike handle much better.
Having the restrictions turned of in ecu editor will also make a very noticeable difference in throttle response and acceleration.
You shouldn't to get a dyno tune until you add a full exhaust. Sure a dyno can make small improvements on a stock bike or with slipons, but it's really a waste of money. The weight you lose from slipons or a full system makes a good handling improvement when flicking the bike side to side through curves.
Grips, levers, rearsets, seats, handlebars and any other comfort mods are a personal preference. The more comfortable you are on the bike the more relaxed and in control you will be. If the busa feels good riding it as it is, then I'de make every effort to try any of the mentioned parts on someone else's bike before you buy them yourself. Otherwise it's gets really expensive buying and trying parts until you get what you like the best.
A sprocket change can make the bike quicker through the gears, or get your rpms down a little for highway cruising/mpg. Depends on what you want to do with the bike.
You can turn the busa into a knee dragger, stunt, 1/8th 1/4 or land speed racer, touring or cruising bike. It's up to you.
Just get better brakes and set the suspension for your weight. You want to able to stop and handle as best as possible.:beerchug:

Thanks sixpack, I guess I spoke too soon when i said its stock. It looks stock to me but maybe you guys could tell me for sure?

5Nc5K55Fc3Gb3Ja3Hcc7vd70f2df53d51131a.jpg

My09Busa-1.jpg

Im not sure how to do a search for this question so I might as well post it. Im getting my 09 Busa this week and wanted some tips or advice on where to start. I heard that the front brakes sucked. Is this true? Which ECU tuner should I look at or is it necessary at all? Sorry if this is vague but I havent but my butt on the bike yet. Thanks for any tips.

Forget about modding it an ride the hell out of it. You won't feel like putting any downtime on it except for fuel and maintenance for quite a while after you get it.

I read that they came with a steering dampener stock, is that true?

Yes, it's non adjustable and is below the lower triple clamp.
If you turn the bars all the way right and look down the left fork you'll see it.
It doesn't do much, but it's better than nothing.

I agree with everything stated so far, except I think that steering damper is important. Someone pulled the warning labels off for you, and you purchased the fastest color '08 :whistle:

Have fun, great bike. I've got 30K on the same bike original equipment with the exception of the exhaust. I have a set of the extreme pro pads waiting :thumbsup:

Ride the bike, get use to the bike, and make your own judgements. Most can't use what zuki put in the crate. She's sneaky quick, so just beware....

Stretch It
Lower it
300 Rear Tire Kit it
Paint Windscreen to match bike color
Spikes Spikes Spikes
Chrome Chrome Chrome

AND YOUR DONE

This is just my opinion of course

I agree with everything stated so far, except I think that steering damper is important. Someone pulled the warning labels off for you, and you purchased the fastest color '08 :whistle:

Have fun, great bike. I've got 30K on the same bike original equipment with the exception of the exhaust. I have a set of the extreme pro pads waiting :thumbsup:

Ride the bike, get use to the bike, and make your own judgements. Most can't use what zuki put in the crate. She's sneaky quick, so just beware....

So your saying its an 08? I haven't seen the bike in person yet or looked at the title so I dont know. Spikes and chrome? Ive spent enough on chrome on the Harley and I dont want any spiky things anywhere near me when Im going over 100 mph. I was thinking about making a seat with razors around your nuts. Ill bet that would sell well to the spiky bike community lol.

Depends on how much $$$ you have or plan on investing..... The sky is literally the limit:laugh: If i were you I would get 4 into1 full exhaust, fender eliminator, aftermarket air filter, SS brake lines, front wave rotors, rear sets, and a complete tune up- oil, ngk iridiums, brake pads, and coolant flush.

Perhaps, get to know the bike first before modding it. What will be the primary use of the bike: track, drag, daily commute, weekend toy? IMHO, this will drive what mods will be best for you. At a minimum, set up the bike's suspension as sixpack suggested. And get good gear (unless you already have some).

So your saying its an 08? I haven't seen the bike in person yet or looked at the title so I dont know. Spikes and chrome? Ive spent enough on chrome on the Harley and I dont want any spiky things anywhere near me when Im going over 100 mph. I was thinking about making a seat with razors around your nuts. Ill bet that would sell well to the spiky bike community lol.

You dont have to worry about the spikes when your going 100 mph, Its if you come to a sudden stop they may become a problem, ???. And if you are going 100 mph may I suggest changing to third gear. :laugh:

1st thing I would do to clean up the bike I would get rid of the huge exhaust system.

Perhaps, get to know the bike first before modding it. What will be the primary use of the bike: track, drag, daily commute, weekend toy? IMHO, this will drive what mods will be best for you. At a minimum, set up the bike's suspension as sixpack suggested. And get good gear (unless you already have some).

What he said :thumbsup:

you didn't prepay for the bike or anything?

where is bike located?

you purchased it or put a deposit on it already?

Looking out for you making sure noone is scamming you. I just see some red flags excitement can sometimes cloud our vision.

You not for sure if it's a 08 or 09? what owner telling you?

You don't know title staus?

Pictures look like scam type photos, i ask where located cause of the tag on the bike..

You say bike is sold, so you purchased a $6500 bike you haven't seen, touched or know nothing about is all..

I'm happy for you if it all works out, but also don't want to see a local ripped off over the net, seen and heard it to many times..

Not sure where your going with that, Its an odd question. Ya the bike is sold why do you ask?

Back