Clutch upgrade?

Blacksmith

Registered
Hey boys I did a search but couldn't find any new pertinent info, is there a good/real world useful/affordable clutch lever/reservoir upgrade? I totally forgot I need a new reservoir cover and figure I should probably replace the whole thing to avoid unseen leaks or problems until tonight when I pulled the cover off to check her out. Fancy pretty shiny replacements are easy to find but I figure if there's a benefit to upgrading I may as well do it now. As always thanks for your input

Btw I am thinking hard about a quick shifter sometime this coming year if that makes any difference

Brembo RCS ;)
I was just looking at the 19 mm Brembo fro $290, that the one? Why though? I mean is there a legitimate reason for a street bike? Not being argumentative I just dont want to upgrade just for the sake of upgrading

Hey boys I did a search but couldn't find any new pertinent info, is there a good/real world useful/affordable clutch lever/reservoir upgrade? I totally forgot I need a new reservoir cover and figure I should probably replace the whole thing to avoid unseen leaks or problems until tonight when I pulled the cover off to check her out. Fancy pretty shiny replacements are easy to find but I figure if there's a benefit to upgrading I may as well do it now. As always thanks for your input

Btw I am thinking hard about a quick shifter sometime this coming year if that makes any difference
What kind of quick shifter are you looking at? I have a Logitech and it works great.

What kind of quick shifter are you looking at? I have a Logitech and it works great.
I honestly don't know yet I haven't looked much since I went down a few months ago. I don't know one from another except i dont need an air shifter and I'm not sure if I want one that works but up and down or just up. Is there a reason you're getting away from yours?

I just spent an hour looking at my mc from every angle and it's fine other than needing a new cap and making sure the lower clamp bolt isn't stripped so maybe I don't need to replace it

I honestly don't know yet I haven't looked much since I went down a few months ago. I don't know one from another except i dont need an air shifter and I'm not sure if I want one that works but up and down or just up. Is there a reason you're getting away from yours?
I'm not getting away from mine, it works great. It is an up only unit and once you get used to it, it's addictive.

If you’re looking to upgrade the M/C to Brembo, consider the RCS16 as it’s a lighter feel compared to the 19 that feels a little too heavy.
Thanks fir that I was wondering what the different numbers meant and what they do

If you’re looking to upgrade the M/C to Brembo, consider the RCS16 as it’s a lighter feel compared to the 19 that feels a little too heavy.

yessssssssss

16mm dia is the best - i did it several times
and no problems.

only one little prob i hab with my old 2000 busa, because the clutch didn´t "open" enough
so i changed the 38 mm slave to a 36 mm slave of the 2004 ...
and ALL probs were gone.
such a nice and fine feeling clutch you´ll seek anywhere but you´ll not find. !
the (used) pumps of ducati 998 + 999 are pretty good and rel. cheap.

It's a good practice to upgrade when you need to replace a part, but if you don't need to replace the clutch m/c then spend that money on more useful upgrades. Just my .02
Exactly what I did! I stopped at Ridenow Jacksonville on my way back from getting my fairings from Mabupa to shop for helmets and fell for a new Shoei rf1200. Probably more helmet than I NEED (and certainly not cheap!) but damn its nice!

During my winter rebuild, I changed to a radial clutch m/c just to match the brake upgrade. I ended up going back to stock as it worked fine, engaged at a perfect spot and I didn't like the crowded, busy looking cockpit. I now wish I had saved the money and used it for something else. The braided SS clutch line is the only upgrade I left

During my winter rebuild, I changed to a radial clutch m/c just to match the brake upgrade. I ended up going back to stock as it worked fine, engaged at a perfect spot and I didn't like the crowded, busy looking cockpit. I now wish I had saved the money and used it for something else. The braided SS clutch line is the only upgrade I left
That was the crossroads I was at, do I get a new MC just to match the brake...I decided not to bother.

I was just looking at the 19 mm Brembo fro $290, that the one? Why though? I mean is there a legitimate reason for a street bike? Not being argumentative I just dont want to upgrade just for the sake of upgrading
I added a brembo clutch MC just to match the brake, but it does feel better, as in, more precise than the stock one. Wish I would’ve seen this yesterday. I might have the stock MC in my spare parts box that I could’ve given you this morning. If you go the brembo route, you need a hydraulic switch for the clutch safety.

Reactions: c10
I added a brembo clutch MC just to match the brake, but it does feel better, as in, more precise than the stock one. Wish I would’ve seen this yesterday. I might have the stock MC in my spare parts box that I could’ve given you this morning. If you go the brembo route, you need a hydraulic switch for the clutch safety.
Nah mine is in good shape I just need new covers for both reservoirs and new levers just for looks cause mine got scratched but I know I need top replace the brake with an upgraded Brembo radial so I'll hold off on the levers a little while. It was a pleasure meeting and doing business with ya bro we'll have to ride asap.

Pressure banjo switch.

Back