Clutch upgrade questions

24eclipse

Registered
Hello guys! I have a 2008 hayabusa with 24k on it an I'm looking to do some clutch upgrades. I have bought the brocks Clutch mod but haven't installed it yet cause if I'm going to crack my baby open I want to make sure that I do it right. So guys please give me some good advise on this clutch mod and some website links to get the parts too.

Some of the other mods I have are:
Braided clutch lines and brake lines
6 inch extended swing arm
3 teeth up in back (being installed need a new chain)
40 shot of laughing gas :laugh:

Use the OEM plates. The only other thing I notice that is not on your list is Brocks clutch cushion kit. I personally have no experience with it yet but it is in my plans for this year. I think this is the way most of the real street class runs their clutches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Hayabusa since 2001 has a clutch "cushion" in it stock, from the factory. In fact, Suzuki's setup is better than the Brock cushion because your first steel is sandwiched by frictions on both sides. Brock uses an aluminum disk on the inside, and what is called an "encapsulated" oring. The stock setup accomplishes the same thing with a "judder spring", and gives you more friction surface area, and hence, a stronger clutch assembly.
So, IMHO, don't bother with Brock's clutch cushion. What you do want is stronger springs and oem plates.:whistle:

Use the OEM plates. The only other thing I notice that is not on your list is Brocks clutch cushion kit. I personally have no experience with it yet but it is in my plans for this year. I think this is the way most of the real street class runs their clutches.

Well I have the brocks clutch cushion kit but it's not installed. That's why I'm seeing if I need anything else when I have it apart.

By the way, longer chain is not needed for +3 in the rear. +4 probably but not +3. Unless you're just changing it because of the mileage and wear.

By the way, longer chain is not needed for +3 in the rear. +4 probably but not +3. Unless you're just changing it because of the mileage and wear.

He is putting on an extended swingarm also.

Every Hayabusa since 2001 has a clutch "cushion" in it stock, from the factory. In fact, Suzuki's setup is better than the Brock cushion because your first steel is sandwiched by frictions on both sides. Brock uses an aluminum disk on the inside, and what is called an "encapsulated" oring. The stock setup accomplishes the same thing with a "judder spring", and gives you more friction surface area, and hence, a stronger clutch assembly.
So, IMHO, don't bother with Brock's clutch cushion. What you do want is stronger springs and oem plates.:whistle:

I learned something today. I had no idea that there was one in there stock. I might just save the money I was going to spend on that and use it for something else.

To the OP there is a difference between the clutch mod, which is pretty much a welded clutch hub, and the clutch cushion kit. I know Brocks says if you do the cushion kit you have to have the clutch mod done too.

+1^^
I run that very same set-up in my '00 that is a dedicated drag bike w zero issues at all.
I have the Brocks clutch mod on my '09 but opted not to spend the money on the clutch cushion...I 60' 1.60 all day w no problems on SWB

So do any of you guys know of some good website to get parts for cheap then?

And I have had the bike stretched for awhile.

Back