Clutch Line ?

Some people can tell a difference (I can not). The OCD in me wanted matching lines on both sides, plus I like the idea of a one piece line rather than three lines put together to make one.

NOS can you show me how you routed it? I bought a stainless but haven't installed yet. Im OCD too and other stuff.

Reactions: Ham
I just ran it in the stock location. Using factory hangers. I can snap some pics if you end up needing them.

Some people can tell a difference (I can not). The OCD in me wanted matching lines on both sides, plus I like the idea of a one piece line rather than three lines put together to make one.

Same here. I was using coloured lines and wanted them to match, and I wanted a 1 piece line.

image.jpg

No I do not think using an SS line makes a dif for the clutch at all. The clutch pressure is low compared to the brakes. I doubt you will notice a dif between stock and SS brake lines either unless you are braking aggressively in track ridng, perhaps. SS clutch line will probably reduce weight a very small amount. Personally, I like all kevlar lines because they are lighter than SS. I had Lockhart Phillips all kevlar lines on one bike a while back and they were trouble free and every bit as effective as SS.

Here's a tutorial for installing aftermarket brake and clutch lines. It shows how I routed my clutch line. It was very similar to how the OEM line was routed and I just used a couple zip ties to and P-clips to fasten it.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/thre...emoval-aftermarket-lines-installation.170241/

We didn't notice on regular use, but when it get's super hot it seems to not fade like before.. maybe because rubber tubes got soft in high heat?

Back