Is there a point....?

mestona

Registered
...to replacing the clutch line with a braided one? I got one with my HEL kit and I am wondering if it is worth the trouble of installing it or if it is just a looks thing? Opinions?

Looks, upgrading the clutch line isn't going to make it perform better and they rarely go bad (with regular maintence i.e. looking at them for bad spots) but they are mostly to complete the looks. I'd change it if I had it though

i did mine when i did the brakes. just to complete it really. although it would surely never go bad

I just don't see how it is worth the trouble considering the factory one is 70% hard line anyway. I guess I am just being lazy about it and maybe I will replace it later when I actually feel like putting the effort in :poke:

I think it's a waste of time. Not only is the stock one mostly hard line it's tucked away nice and clean too. I ordered one when I did my brakes but after looking at it and thinking about the fact that the clutch feel is good stock I just gave the clutch line away to a friend.

Sorry if I am hijacking the thread, but could someone tell me why we have a hydraulic clutch anyway? I have noticed on the bikes I've had with hydraulic clutches that way more leverage is needed to pull in the lever, and none of the superbikes made for the track use them. Presumably they are more expensive than a cable, so what is the benefit? ???

Sorry if I am hijacking the thread, but could someone tell me why we have a hydraulic clutch anyway? I have noticed on the bikes I've had with hydraulic clutches that way more leverage is needed to pull in the lever, and none of the superbikes made for the track use them. Presumably they are more expensive than a cable, so what is the benefit? ???

Not having to adjust the clutch is good for a bike designed to be street ridden and sold to the masses.
The cable/adjustable clutches are great for a race/track bike, as you can adjust when/where the clutch engages. I'de prefer that on the Busa too, but the stocker works well enough with an aftermarket adjustable lever. As opposed to spending too much time and money for me personally on converting it.
I can definately feel the difference with my ss brake lines, but I also have a hard time beliveing a ss clutch line would be noticeable at all on the Busa. I could be wrong, and I'de love to hear from folks who have already changed it.

Good thread:thumbsup:

Back