Upgraded clutch line worth the $$?

Blkoutbusa

Registered
Getting braided ss front and rear brake lines...any GOOD reason to upgrade the clutch line as well? Other than to keep it looking the same.

Getting braided ss front and rear brake lines...any GOOD reason to upgrade the clutch line as well? Other than to keep it looking the same.
Not IMO. It doesn’t carry the same pressure requirements as the brake lines so when it flexes there is no bad result.

I was actually just looking at the same thing a week ago.
I got braided brake lines.
The mechanic told me that by todays standarts the lines (clutch) are basically so good that you only have to replace it when you have an issue.
And since suzuki charges 250 dollars for a regular rubber clutch line ,I pass..lol

The feel of the line is better. I think the OEM line is losing a lot of pressure in the transitions to rubber. The feel is more progressive and with the Brembo a big reduction in the force needed to operate the clutch is possible. However this is a much more subtle difference than you will see on the brake side, so I agree it is not a high priority change.

Suzuki recommends changing the brake and clutch lines every 4 years, with no problem in use. Anything new for good is I think. I bought the galfer clutch line, will install it in the next service. I bought it for 47 euros from ebay, it's not particularly expensive.

IMG_2541.jpg

Back