Clutch doesn't work after clutch mod

sicksixty

Registered
To start off, before today, the bike worked perfectly.

I installed this clutch mod today:

Used three of the heavy duty springs and three of the stock springs.

I got everything together and started up the bike.
Put it in 1st gear to take off and when releasing the clutch the bike doesn't move at all.
It's like the bike is in neutral all the time whether it's in gear or not.

I took everything apart and made sure I installed everything correctly.

In order to rule out that the problem was not the clutch mod, I put it back to stock.
No clutch mod and all 6 stock springs.
Same problem, bike doesn't move in gear when releasing the clutch.

Really need some help, it sucks that I can't even ride it now even though I removed the clutch mod.

Last edited:
Take the clutch cover off and while looking at the clutch basket, pull the clutch lever in and out a few times.... is it moving the clutch plates apart? Or are they not moving at all?

The clutch lever moves the pressure plate apart from the clutch discs. So that function is working. I guess it doesnt grab enough to couple them together.

You have the stack height off . All plates are not the same ,and have a order to be placed in . Service manual gives order ,and thickness; )

Thanks for the reply. I’ll check that out. I never swapped out or changed the clutches/plates so that seems kinda weird for the stack height to be off.

Maybe this helps you.

BCEEAA2B-6E74-4619-A80E-9AB525D4C3AC.png

47A37CDF-A068-4B30-9B47-E1056B2CF986.png

09B38BD8-DA9C-4CC8-A032-C3C847CF88C0.png

2EE3150B-A8AA-4F94-BE26-4218ED47D166.png

3A02945F-FB28-48FE-9967-4171D8339E8A.png

451A12A6-6228-4916-9870-D1EEF30E595F.png

035C4E97-209E-4886-9DE5-370128E2CF50.png

9C400119-C2CC-4CE5-B0A4-AD8F40AA4D5A.png

FC973501-F2B0-4CE3-8075-6185A1AC87B3.png

Try rebleeding the clutch cylinder, check and see that your clutch housing on the opposite side of the bike did not crack. The heavy duty spring sometimes puts more force on that part. I put a clutch slave support on mine when I did this mod.

Thank you for the manual sections! I really appreciate it.

I’ll be working on it again monday.

Try rebleeding the clutch cylinder, check and see that your clutch housing on the opposite side of the bike did not crack. The heavy duty spring sometimes puts more force on that part. I put a clutch slave support on mine when I did this mod.

Ok sounds good. The lever feels normal like there’s no air in it. Good point about the slave support though. I’ll check that on monday when i work on it again.

Limited on mobile tried searching but couldn't find it, but @RedBull could probably dig up a thread of mine. I had the same issue and someone solved it. Pretty sure the answer is in that thread.

Forgot how great google is. Clutch mod help site:hayabusa.org pulled it right up

Thanks for the link, lots of good ideas!

This clutch mod is different than the brocks one as it uses the stock back torque piece with a ring behind it to lock it. Apparently the stock stands that the spring bolts into are fine.

I'm thinking at this point I need to re-bleed the clutch.
I'm hoping that's it as I haven't really messed with much else on the clutch.

Back