Clutch Cover Removal

jchbusa

Registered
All

I need to replace my clutch cover as the bike rode of it's stand when I was just about the trailer it, yes my fault as it was a very slight slope and I thought it would be ok. Hate the sound a Busa makes when it hits the floor. Lesson learnt the hard way there :-(
Anyway I have my replacement cover but realise that as the clutch is wet then supposedly mean that I have to drain the engine oil.
Is there possibly a trick to replace the cover without draining?

Looks like I have made a mistake or 3 on this as I thought the clutch cover was on the left hand side.
So at least I have a spare clutch cover now LOL
Looking for a Stator cover now.

Thanks for all the comments and yes I have the complete service manual but forgot.

Last edited:
Don't forget you'll need to switch over all the internals from your old stator cover into your new one.

Thanks for the extra info. I have a full manual so will do a bit of reading up before I attempt to change it.
Assume there are no liquids involved under this cover?

Thanks for the extra info. I have a full manual so will do a bit of reading up before I attempt to change it.
Assume there are no liquids involved under this cover?
Yep there's oil in that one too. I dont think you can safely tilt the bike enough to get the oil out of the stator cover without laying it on its side. Like Mr Brown said, I'd change the oil while you're in there.

@jchbusa

ok - now left side - the stator´s cover

why do you wanna replace it?
scratches / broken ?

but what ever happened - i can strongly recommend the cover of the the alu-stator-cover wich is called "carbonadi"
see my post #19 in this thread

and if you take it it off (for secureness) you better have a new gasket -
sometimes ! they tear/brake and then a new one is due / should be available.

and yes there is a bit oil unside but with a little bucket or pan/tub below you can collect it.

I would always have a rag on hand (old t-shirt or so - made of cotton).

Back