Should I fix it or Just pay the deductable

xXBusaKingXx

Registered
ok i droped my 09 black Busa :banghead: the right side fairing is a little cracked and i have some pretty deep scratches on the right cowling now i have full coverage but its 500 and i dont know if my payments would go up i mean im a 21 year old with the world fastest production bike.
Or i could buy an after market fairing but im afraid that one the color wouldnt match my tank (i love my black with blue flake) or the rest of my bike second after buying that and getting it installed i think it would cost more than the deductable. wat should i do ?

:welcome: aboard...

I would buy original so matches the bike perfect, look around for prices, you might find something close to 500 that way you dont have to tell your insurance, I would try to stay away from them all I can, they just waiting for some excuse to raise rates. Good luck...

:welcome: i agree with the above post. maybe check out flea bay and see what they have. you might get lucky and find a piece under 5 bills that is in decent shape.

yeah im also thinking they may be a chance to buy new things for the bike as well like a megaphone exhaust system :)
Ive read on other threads that people have boughten OEM parts from thier dealer i live close to where i bought it, so if anyone would have more information or have done this before i would like to look into it

PM Paulie1300, he should be able to get those parts under $500.

Before you do anything why don't you call your insurance company and ask them what will happen to the rates if you did file a claim? Maybe nothing. At least you will know for sure.

Depends on what pieces are scratched or cracked it might cost a good bit to fix yourself. If you go through the insurance and they cut you a check you would have extra money for extra stuff if you did the work. The stock muffler is 1k bucks for the 1 side according to insurance. You do have to be careful they don't drop you or raise you premium. Kinda tough decision...but definatel fix it with oem parts.

I'm a perfectionist. I would replace with OEM. Check with the board sponsors and fix it OOP.
(out of pocket) Expensive lesson! Stop dropping your bike! It doesn't like it!

After my tip over. I went to the dealer, got an estimate on every part which included a scratch on the muffler. Parts and labor was $1600. Called Justin at Honda East who got me a good price on the fairing and bought a Full Yoshi system with the rest. The deductable disappeared.

Edit: Got frame sliders also.:banghead:

yeah thanks for the replys youv all bin helpful :thumbsup: wat ever i do i will be sure to buy frame sliders so next time it wont be as expensive to fix it lol
so ill call the insurance to make sure as you have mentioned and im going to ask my dealer for an estimate on repairs but its close to 1600 i think i would rather just pay the deductable

I saw a black genII go by near my house the other day. I haven't see any black genII's till then. Man!! very nice. If you buy the sliders a good shop will throw in the install for the rest of the job. I like the cut in type myself, if you do go with the cut ins quiz the shop on how they plan on doing it. You don't want to get the feeling they haven't done it before. Usually they will tell you about some sctatch pins they have that will mark the inside of the faring or whatever just make sure they sound confident.

I've had to buy fairings twice! I did it on my own and kept the insurance company out of it. you easily can find oem fairings on ebay and I'm not talking about the junk stuff. oh yeah :welcome: to the org

I'd say don't ask ins. anything about a claim , too risky ! Your ins. will skyrocket. If you want the stock muffler replaced iv got left and right I will send you. The rest of parts can be found just have to keep looking.

i wish it was as easy for me to find OEM fairings i cant seem to find any :(

Bikebandit has them but check the sponsors on here... there are 2 pieces for each side. They do come with the stickers but no heat shields or foam. Hope you don't need the front cowl too... a pain to switch that out.

Back