Getting a bone stock 09, what should I do first as far as upgrades?

Start will full pipes, TRE and Power Commander.

No TRE! Ecu flash instead, do it right.
Want your ecu flashed? 1st through 4th gear restrictions and top speed limiter removed, as well as fuel soft cut turned off(new rpm limit will be 11300), and fans on 10 degrees sooner.
Send them to me, I'll do them for free, 7 gen2's and counting.
You will notice a big difference.:beerchug:

Looking out for you making sure noone is scamming you. I just see some red flags excitement can sometimes cloud our vision.

You not for sure if it's a 08 or 09? what owner telling you?

You don't know title staus?

Pictures look like scam type photos, i ask where located cause of the tag on the bike..

You say bike is sold, so you purchased a $6500 bike you haven't seen, touched or know nothing about is all..

I'm happy for you if it all works out, but also don't want to see a local ripped off over the net, seen and heard it to many times..

I went down and rode the bike last weekend. 3340 miles and pretty much like it came off the lot accept some dust from sitting around so long. I sold the Harley today and am delivering it tomorrow then heading down to get the 09 probably on sunday. The thing thats nagging me lately is if Im making the right decision on the 09. Yes it has low miles and is bone stock and the price is great but Im wondering if I may do better getting a older bike with say 10,000 miles and alot of upgrades already on it for less money. Its really bugging me because I do like to personalize my bikes to my riding style and taste but Im not going to have any money to play with after getting the 09. What do you guys think?

if i had to do it again, i might look around for one with the mods i want and a few miles on it. there are a bunch of them out there with really low miles :whistle:

it is a buyers market at the moment. and will be even more so in a few months.
you might want to get a 3 or 6month cd, and look around. your about to run out of nice weather anyway.
just food for thought.

in the long run, do what you feel is best for you. :beerchug:

I faced the same dilema and I went with an older busa that was pretty much stock and low miles. Gave me the extra play $$$ I needed to start customizing the bike for me by me. I know what was put on, how it was put on and when. Im really not a fan of ready made bikes.....wheres the fun in that:whistle:

They are great bikes stock, nothing really "sucks" on them unless you're into some type of racing....for just reasonable street riding they don't need any mods. The gen2 busa is freaky fast, and since you haven't even ridden it yet, I'd at least ride it a little as is before you start throwing money at it :laugh: Then you'll know what YOU think it needs :thumbsup:

Its funny, I took it for a spin last week and the power seemed very manageable and not scary quick at all. I have a 82 GS1100E bored to a 1200 with 2nd stage jetting and the busa seemed alot like that but cornered better. Is that because of the restrictions on it? I didnt really get on it a ton but it seemed less than I expected as far as power output.

if i had to do it again, i might look around for one with the mods i want and a few miles on it. there are a bunch of them out there with really low miles :whistle:

it is a buyers market at the moment. and will be even more so in a few months.
you might want to get a 3 or 6month cd, and look around. your about to run out of nice weather anyway.
just food for thought.

in the long run, do what you feel is best for you. :beerchug:

I paid $6500 for a 09 with 3k on it. I decided not to mess around looking for a better deal :laugh:

I paid $6500 for a 09 with 3k on it. I decided not to mess around looking for a better deal :laugh:

Man,you got a hell of a deal there for sure bro.:thumbsup:

Someone on here a while back(don't remember who or the post)gave the advice to buy the newest/lowest mileage bike you can afford and i'd have to say that advice is right as rain.All 3 of my Busas('02,'03,and 2011)were fortunately bought new and i've never regretted it since i knew exactly how they were treated since day one.

Its funny, I took it for a spin last week and the power seemed very manageable and not scary quick at all. I have a 82 GS1100E bored to a 1200 with 2nd stage jetting and the busa seemed alot like that but cornered better. Is that because of the restrictions on it? I didnt really get on it a ton but it seemed less than I expected as far as power output.
It should pull a LOT harder than the gs, especially in the upper rpms......was it running good? Maybe lots of sitting has partially plugged up the fuel system and injectors? Busa's have a very deceptive power delivery, they seem slower than they are sometimes because of the way the power is delivered, but imo the gen2's have a much nicer high rpm hit than the first gens. And by dropping the weight of the huge exhausts with an aftermarket exhaust, you gain a nice hp boost, and gain even more performance and better handling from the weight loss......win/win :thumbsup:

So let us know what you decided to buy :laugh:

It should pull a LOT harder than the gs, especially in the upper rpms......was it running good? Maybe lots of sitting has partially plugged up the fuel system and injectors? Busa's have a very deceptive power delivery, they seem slower than they are sometimes because of the way the power is delivered, but imo the gen2's have a much nicer high rpm hit than the first gens. And by dropping the weight of the huge exhausts with an aftermarket exhaust, you gain a nice hp boost, and gain even more performance and better handling from the weight loss......win/win :thumbsup:

So let us know what you decided to buy :laugh:

Ive had the 09 since saturday. When I wrote that I had only test rode it around some city streets. Ive put a few hundred miles on here now and she definetly pulls harder than the GS.

heck of a deal ya got there. I picked my 2011 with 2k on it for $9000 bone stock. and look what I did to it. and Im still not done yet just taking a break to rebuild the funds to get at it again lol.

busa15.jpg

Back