Should I fix it or Just pay the deductable

i filed a claim after a Bull rode my bike :rofl: yup you read that right:laugh: $500 deductable full coverage through Geico insurance. they gave me a beauty allowance for my muffler leaving me with a $30 deductable. then they cut me a check. my rates have not gone up.
my wife bought me a new windshield and spent the rest....but thats another story.:whistle:

wow i have they exact same insurance and it looks like no matter how i try to fix it its going to cost over 500$ so i dont see why i should just pay the deductable and get my baby lookin the same way it did in the showroom :)

I think there is some pearl flake in the 09 Black. If I remember correctly, it's pearl nebular black and that does have some blue-ish flake in it

Yep, my Black '09 and my black and grey '01 both have (had, for the '01 :( RIP) a dark blue pearl under the paint. You can see it in the sun.

I always keep an eye on ebay and have come across some nice, like new OE bodywork, tanks, ect.
The only problem is that you have to wait/hope that your colour is available.

If its winter...no problem....but if you are in a warm climate then the wait may be excruciating.
In any case I would not put the bike through on insurance.
File a collision claim and you will pay higher premiums far in excess of the damages.
You save the insurance claim for the 'big one".

Fixing the bike will cost a good little bit of money, I just replaced the entire right side of my 09 white. Suzuki definitely charges you not only for the plastics, but the underneath portions aren't transferable i.e. the cushions and heat stickers. Anything is better than using your insurance.

ok i droped my 09 black Busa :banghead: the right side fairing is a little cracked and i have some pretty deep scratches on the right cowling now i have full coverage but its 500 and i dont know if my payments would go up i mean im a 21 year old with the world fastest production bike.
Or i could buy an after market fairing but im afraid that one the color wouldnt match my tank (i love my black with blue flake) or the rest of my bike second after buying that and getting it installed i think it would cost more than the deductable. wat should i do ?

Which fairing pieces do you need? I am waiting for a part to come in myself, if it works out. I can definetly get stock fairings for low prices.

wow i have they exact same insurance and it looks like no matter how i try to fix it its going to cost over 500$ so i dont see why i should just pay the deductable and get my baby lookin the same way it did in the showroom :)

You aren't looking at the big picture. If you call insurance and file a claim, your $500 insurance could double, triple, or worse. So you might see yourself getting your bike fixed for less NOW but in the long run it's going to cost you WAY MORE!!!

The only reason people are getting big checks is because replacing the OEM mufflers is expensive. In reality, you can buy one for cheap or get it for free since most people throw them away. So that $1k muffler to the insurance and suzuki is really worth about $50 or less.

Have Justin at Honda East give you some quotes. Depending on the damage you could probably have it like new for $500 and no insurance claim. Post some pics of the damage for a better idea.

Justim Im gonna fax you the estimate from my bike shop so you can give me some prices too

I dont have a good Pictcher at the moment. I didnt take one before i put it in storage for the winter :(
but i have a cell phone pic i can try to get one on this post here.
The funny thing is tho u almost cant see the scuffs u can see the dented muffler tho
all the damage is on the right side fairing or cowling if u like to call it that, some of my friends tell me to leave it!! They think that damage is insignificant
Who knows maybe im worrying about it too much i just want a showroom bike again
maybe when i get my tax return u guys can talk me through some resoration and away from higher premiums !!

I allready know where you can get that stock muffler replaced for free :whistle: Just let me know

oh dude your a life saver when the time comes i will definetly give you the word thanks very much unlike most people i acually like the stock exhaust and am not ready to part with it just yet

Back