Fairing & heat sheid replacment

Busarider007

Registered
My left fairing has some deep scuff & scratch marks and was contemplating on either buying new or having them repainted by a body shop. I'm not sure if the shop can smooth out to give it a good "new" finish and put new stickers or just buy new fairings from the dealer which cost too much (side & under body cowling, cushions, heat shield).

I read in previous posts that it's possible to swap the cushions and heat shield by heating them with a hair dryer. Can someone confirm if they have tried this.

My left fairing has some deep scuff & scratch marks and was contemplating on either buying new or having them repainted by a body shop. I'm not sure if the shop can smooth out to give it a good "new" finish and put new stickers or just buy new fairings from the dealer which cost too much (side & under body cowling, cushions, heat shield).

I read in previous posts that it's possible to swap the cushions and heat shield by heating them with a hair dryer. Can someone confirm if they have tried this.

yes they can be removed using hair dryer, just go slow. I tried to do the silver heat shield with no luck. 3M spray adhesive works good to reapply them.

GenII oem fairings come with the heat shields on them. It's the foam pads you'll need to swap. Peel them off slowwwwwwly so the adhesive stays stuck to the pad not the fairing, prep new fairing with rubbing alcohol to remove any grease or oils and then restick em.

The OEM plastics come with the flat heat shields on the bottom. Not the padded heat shields in the middle.

You may still have to use some type of adhesive to stick them on. Liquid nails is what i used, works great.

Back